Skip to main content
Topic: Entertainment center to bunk conversion (Read 979 times) previous topic - next topic

Entertainment center to bunk conversion

Yahoo Message Number: 14403
hello all, Thx for letting me join. I am looking to buy a seneca, I am having trouble finding one with the bunk in the cab over. Have any of you ever converted your entertainment center to the bunk? How much work? Any problems doing it? And for those of you with the entertainment center does it look like it'd be easy to do? I am looking at an 06' to 10' seneca probably a 34ss or 35gs. Thank you, RJ

Re: Entertainment center to bunk conversion

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 14404
The one thing I see different in a bunk versus a entertainment center is vent windows. You may find someone that wants a entertainment center when you find a Seneca you like.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 14408
We just looked at one for sale that had the entertainment center AND a trundle bunk. I didn't know they even made them that way. It was a Seneca HD.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 14415
My Jayco Seneca HD 35GS (2005) has the entertainment center with the pullout bunk.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 14420
Do you have any pictures of you pull out bunk with the entertainment center?

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 14421
I don't have any but I will go out tomorrow and snap a few for you. Anything in particular that you'd like me to get a shot of?
Billy

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 14422
We have a 2007 Seneca 34SS with front Ent Center. I'm sure it's possible to remove it, but don't know that I'd label the over-all project as an *easy* task. While looking at our's this morning, my first thought was the electrical & wiring and how/if it could be run/concealed for the TV & electronics remount. The front bunk floorplan has a swing-arm TV & electronics mounted curb-side in the overhead, so you'd also need to design/build something for those items if you plan to have a TV.

I didn't research 09's & 10's prior to buying our 2007, but can offer the following which may be helpful:

2005, 2006 & 2008 Seneca 34SS & 35GS with the Ent Center also had a pull-out 1/2 bunk built under/into Ent Center cabinet (as Billy Piner & horsebits1 mentioned). The full cab-over bunk was offered as an option.

2007 34SS & 35GS doesn't have the 1/2 bunk... they have either a full bunk -OR- the Ent Center.

The 34SS was discontinued after the 2007 (early 2008) model year, so it's not available as an 09-10.

Links below are simply for clarification & photo purposes... I have no connection to any ad, sale, or dealer.

For comparison, these 3 still have the original pull-out 1/2 bunk:
2005 http://www.rvt.com/Jayco-Seneca-35GS-2005-Fremont-OH-IDs5878141-UX156339
2006 http://www.dreamfindersrv.com/RV/7707273/BIG_PICS.htm
2008 http://www.summitrv.com/rv/ashland+ky/jayco+classc/2633/jayco+seneca+35gs

2007 Ent Center, no 1/2 bunk... see Pic #13
http://www.mhsrv.com/2007-jayco-seneca-35gs-w3-slides-used-rv-for-sale-used-class-c-tx-i670755

Hope this helps, Terri (& Kevin)

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 14423
IMO that is the best config. I wish they'd all do that.

Don

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 14425
You will have a hole in the ceiling where the wiring comes down if it is removed. And it's not cut pretty. :(

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 14426
Thanks for the links!
Definitely gives me some ideas for our center console area.

Greg

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 14428
Attachments :

Got some pictures for you. The usable area of the mattress measures 25 x 81 1/2" when bunk is pulled out. Let me know if the pictures don't show.

Reply #13
    Yahoo Message Number: 14429
    Attachments :

Very nice pictures, Thanks!

Greg

On Monday, April 13, 2015 4:03 PM, "'Billy Piner' bpiner@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:

Got some pictures for you. The usable area of the mattress measures 25 x 81 1/2" when bunk is pulled out. Let me know if the pictures don't show.