Skip to main content
Topic: Seelevel gauge monitors (Read 574 times) previous topic - next topic

Seelevel gauge monitors

Yahoo Message Number: 9585
Has any one had any experience with the Seelevel brand tank monitor systems? It is the system that monitors tank levels from out side the tanks thus eliminating the inside probes which all our Jayco Seneca's have that give us false readings from dirty sensors

"The Sealevel system comes with Garnet's proprietary externally mounted tank sensors for fresh water, grey water, and black water tanks. With nothing inside the tank all the usual problems of corrosion and clogging are eliminated. Individual sensors can measure tanks up to 12 inches tall."

Larry Myers

Re: Seelevel gauge monitors

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 9586
A friend of mine installed the system in his class A. No more false readings. He has it on Black, Gray, Fresh and LP. Plus it has switches for water heater and water pump. Almost forgot. It also has battery voltage.
I have looked into it. But have not made the jump because my current panel has generator starter switch and hour meter as part the OEM panel. Going to look at them again when we go to Indy later this month.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 9587
I met a guy with a Dutchmen similar to mine who installed it and gave it great reviews. He was super careful German guy - met him at Bryce Canyon, UT - he should be a member on the board here now?

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2012 1:43 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Seelevel gauge monitors

A friend of mine installed the system in his class A. No more false readings. He has it on Black, Gray, Fresh and LP. Plus it has switches for water heater and water pump. Almost forgot. It also has battery voltage.
I have looked into it. But have not made the jump because my current panel has generator starter switch and hour meter as part the OEM panel. Going to look at them again when we go to Indy later this month.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 9589
Ron, let me know what you find out at Indy. We are tired of the undependable reading we get from our in tank sensors. My problem will be as we have two bathrooms we have two sets of holding tanks for black and gray water. Our current monitor panel shows. battery, fresh water, Black 1 Black 2 Gray 1 gray 2 I wonder if they have a monitor that will take of my type application?
Larry

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 9742
I have had the seelevel system for several years and it works great.

I have had no problems with it and it seems very accurate.

This is on my 2007 35GS

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 9744

Can you 'program' what the water levels mean? on my coach fresh water tank is a wierd shape and the top 6 inches might hold 1/2 of the water.

Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 9745
Hi Victor
You can't "program" the controller but you can affect some of the data received by the placement of the sensor. On my water tank I got the sensor a little too low and it shows full for a period of time as the water level drops even though I know the level is dropping. This also results in the tank going to empty quite fast. If I could remove the sensor I would lower it a bit to more accurately show the water level.
Other than that this system is great. It shows the amount of fluid in the tanks in continuous percentages rather than 1/3 or 1/2 type of displays.
I think with your odd sized tank that you would just need to figure out how much you had at different levels of the tank. For instance if know that your level show read 50% at 6 inches you would need to position the sensor so that it would read 50% when you had 50% still available. This can be done by temporally installing the sensor with some tape and then adjusting the sensor to your desired value.
My gray water tank would read full if I put a cup of water in it and now it is very accurate with the seelevel gauges.
Let me know if you need any more information.
Dick

Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 8:03 AM
To:Kodiak Kodiak ;
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Seelevel gauge monitors

Can you 'program' what the water levels mean? on my coach fresh water tank is a wierd shape and the top 6 inches might hold 1/2 of the water.

Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 9750
Seelevel manufacture is at the rally. They explained how system works. It is by capacitance. Works well. They have a system for 4 tanks and LP. A model 709-4LP that will read 4 tanks and LPG in one unit. Only thing about this model is it reads galley instead of second black tank. Will work if black or gray tank. For Larry's system it should work. I order a system from Dryers RV. 3 tanks plus LP. $169 plus shipping..
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 9777
Got my Seelevel tank monitors installed today. They work great. Followed manufactures instruction using original wiring from OEM monitor. Cut sensor off for like instruction indicate. My gray and black tanks are odd shaped at sensor end of tank. The sensor only read about 75% of tank. But that is better than the 50% that original sensors read. Worked like it should.
Did run into a problem because I wanted to install Seelevel monitor in same panel as the original monitor. But original monitor has all the controls and lights on a circuit board. No way to separate water pump, water heater, generator start and their indicator lights. Ended up installing Seelevel monitor on a panel below original monitor.
Took some pictures that can be viewed at link below.
http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/ronjhall/SEELEVEL/?start=0
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 9780
Ron, did you disconnect the connection at the original sensors? If not, do they still work?

Or if you did remove the leads from the old sensors, then the original daisplay is blank, right?

I ordered the 712P which has: black, gray, water, LP, temp, voltage and pump switch because I also want to replace the original display with this new one. We shall see if it can be done, because the original display has about the same size cut-out-hole. If it won't fit, then i'll have to also find a place for this new one.

I added a picture of the original. When I get the new display, I will post it.

Joe

Sent: Tuesday, September 4, 2012 12:02 PM

Got my Seelevel tank monitors installed today. They work great. Followed manufactures instruction using original wiring from OEM monitor. Cut sensor off for like instruction indicate. My gray and black tanks are odd shaped at sensor end of tank. The sensor only read about 75% of tank. But that is better than the 50% that original sensors read. Worked like it should.
Did run into a problem because I wanted to install Seelevel monitor in same panel as the original monitor. But original monitor has all the controls and lights on a circuit board. No way to separate water pump, water heater, generator start and their indicator lights. Ended up installing Seelevel monitor on a panel below original monitor.
Took some pictures that can be viewed at link below.
http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/ronjhall/SEELEVEL/?start=0
Best
Ron Hall

--- In , "ronjhallsr"  wrote:
Seelevel manufacture is at the rally. They explained how system works. It is by capacitance. Works well. They have a system for 4 tanks and LP. A model 709-4LP that will read 4 tanks and LPG in one unit. Only thing about this model is it reads galley instead of second black tank. Will work if black or gray tank. For Larry's system it should work. I order a system from Dryers RV. 3 tanks plus LP. $169 plus shipping..
Best
Ron Hall

--- In , lmyersmaui@ wrote:

Ron, let me know what you find out at Indy. We
are tired of the undependable reading we get from our in tank sensors. My problem will be as we have two bathrooms we have two sets of holding tanks for black and gray water. Our current monitor panel shows. battery, fresh water, Black 1 Black 2 Gray 1 gray 2 I wonder if they have a monitor that will take of my type application?

Larry

--- In , "ronjhallsr"  wrote:

I have looked into it. But have not made the jump because my current panel has
generator starter switch and hour meter as part the OEM panel. Going to look at them again when we go to Indy later this month.

Best
Ron Hall

--- In , lmyersmaui@ wrote:

Has any one had any experience with the Seelevel brand tank monitor systems? It is the system that monitors tank levels from out side the tanks thus eliminating the inside probes which all our Jayco Seneca's have that give us false readings from dirty sensors

"The Sealevel system comes with Garnet's proprietary externally mounted tank sensors for fresh water, grey water, and black water tanks. With nothing inside the tank
all the usual problems of corrosion and clogging are eliminated. Individual sensors can measure tanks up to 12 inches tall."
Larry Myers

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 9781
I removed OEM wiring from tank sensors. When I push test button on original monitor Gray, Black and Fresh show empty. LP shows full. Battery voltage is still monitored.
If Seelevel panel will not cover original hole. Look for some Black StarBoard. Good place is EBAY. Cuts like wood and looks professional when finished with a router.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 9782
Thanks Ron for clearing that up . After reviewing the dimentions, it looks like, with a little cutting, it will fit.

Sent: Wednesday, September 5, 2012 4:55 AM

I removed OEM wiring from tank sensors. When I push test button on original monitor Gray, Black and Fresh show empty. LP shows full. Battery voltage is still monitored.
If Seelevel panel will not cover original hole. Look for some Black StarBoard. Good place is EBAY. Cuts like wood and looks professional when finished with a router.
Best
Ron Hall