Skip to main content
Topic: LMM EGT sensors (Read 502 times) previous topic - next topic

LMM EGT sensors

Yahoo Message Number: 10650
Saw this on iRV2

All you LMM guys, get your trucks in for two free EGT sensors (if you still have a dpf lol) and if you have had to pay for any I beleive GM will get you your money back.

Recall #11054, The welds in the circuit board of the sensors are breaking and not letting the regen`s occur, soot build up in the dpf`s, and of course check engine lights and reduced power.

so possibly 2 new sensors for me also

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f126/egt-sensor-recall-for-dpf-150731.html

Best
Ron Hall

Re: LMM EGT sensors

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10651
Attachments :

Ron that was originally posted on the Duramax forum in 2011. I've never received anything. ???

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/07-5-2010-lmm-duramax-powertrain/92293-egt-sensor-recall.html

Old04-14-2011, 11:13 PM

right
    Chad McGregor

EGT Sensor recall
    center
    All you LMM guys, get yourtruckshttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.pngin for two free EGT sensors (if you still have a dpf lol) and if you have had to pay for any I beleive GM will get you your money back.
    ___
    2006 Chevrolet LBZ. 12.06 @114mph stk injectors/stock turbo, single stage, 7300lbs.

Now- built motor, Billet trans parts, 72mm Danville VGT ect ect.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ronjhallsr
    Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:31 AM
    To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] LMM EGT sensors

Saw this on iRV2

All you LMM guys, get your trucks in for two free EGT sensors (if you still have a dpf lol) and if you have had to pay for any I beleive GM will get you your money back.

Recall #11054, The welds in the circuit board of the sensors are breaking and not letting the regen`s occur, soot build up in the dpf`s, and of course check engine lights and reduced power.

so possibly 2 new sensors for me also

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f126/egt-sensor-recall-for-dpf-150731.html

Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #2
    Yahoo Message Number: 10652
    Still new and still learning; the LMM refers to the Duramax engine type: correct? I believe I have the first version.

Doug

Reply #3
    Yahoo Message Number: 10653
    Correct there was LML and LMM and I think others.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ontheroad1952
    Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:19 PM
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: LMM EGT sensors

Still new and still learning; the LMM refers to the Duramax engine type: correct? I believe I have the first version.

Doug

Reply #4
    Yahoo Message Number: 10654
    I found the original recall after a search. It was not across the board, but specific units that had the EGT sensor serviced.

April 2011

Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear General Motors Customer:

Reason For This Recall: General Motors has decided to conduct a Voluntary Emission Recall involving certain 2010 model year Chevrolet Express, Silverado HD; and GMC Savana, Sierra HD vehicles equipped with a 6.6L V8 Duramax diesel engine; and 2007-2009 model year Chevrolet Express, Kodiak, Silverado HD; and GMC Savana, Sierra HD, and TopKick vehicles equipped with a 6.6L V8 Duramax diesel engine that may have been serviced with a suspect Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) sensor. The circuit board welds on the EGT sensors in the exhaust system may not be to GM specification. If a weld fails, the Service Engine Soon light will illuminate in the instrument panel, the exhaust gas may not be filtered properly, and the engine power may be reduced.

What Will Be Done: Your GM dealer will replace both EGT sensors. This service will be performed for you at no charge.

What You Should Do: Please contact your GM dealer as soon as possible to arrange a service date and to assure parts availability. Your vehicle's identification number (VIN) is provided at the top of this letter. Instructions for making this correction have been sent to your dealer. Please ask your dealer if you wish t

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of David Sparke
    Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 2:33 PM
    Subject: RE: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: LMM EGT sensors

Correct there was LML and LMM and I think others.

From:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ontheroad1952
    Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:19 PM
    To:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: LMM EGT sensors

Doug