Skip to main content
Topic: my new toy (Read 478 times) previous topic - next topic

my new toy

Yahoo Message Number: 6609
just picked up my first RV. Its a 2007 kodiak greyhawk 33ds. It has a 8.1 liter and lots of bells and whistles. Wife and I took it camping with rv hookup and eveything was nice. next weekend went 4 wheeling with some friends towing the rock crawler with the coach and not so good. had to take it back to dealer for new coach batteries, new tail pipe for the generator, got new brake controller for trailer and hopefully hooked in right this time, first time they hooked it in to brake switch and the sensors went off. going to put on some air bags as the rear seems to sag a bit with trailer on. Going to take it out again first weekend in April if it ever stops raining. This is very informative group and will be posting up from time to time. By the way total new guy here 40 years old wife and new baby just looking to enjoy life with the family out here in the bay area, California.
Scott

Re: my new toy

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6610
Hey Scott - WELCOME ABOARD.

Recall you were thinking about it in February, and glad you decided to go for it!

Yes, the Break Switch issue has gotten a number of us. But you want to check the work even if they claim to have got it right this time. Check for Bulletin 66 in the Files section.

Enjoy.

Kevin

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6614
If you are sagging that much in the rear adjust your trailer load and tongue weight: you probably do not have enough REAR GVWR to give up for your load...do not mask it - solve it. Adding springs, bags etc. Do not accomplish that and only will allow to further overload your coach axle.

~
Victor Burns |
+1.760.672.8767 Mobile
+1.760.814.1801 Google Voice

Scott scotlands73@...> wrote:

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 6615
The C5500 chassis had only one rear axle/brake configuration regardless of weight limit. Ratio did change. To upgrade springs does help. Not sure about the extended frame limits. Mor-Ryde used only one type of extention on all the frames they extended on the C5500.