Skip to main content
Topic: Inverters (Read 382 times) previous topic - next topic

Inverters

Yahoo Message Number: 6893
I have been following the information regarding inverters. As my 2004 GulfStream does not have one I am going to add one attached to the 110 feed for the TV/Stereo @ the breaker panel. I have mounted one before this way and had a seperate disconect to switch over when using 110 current when pluged into house/park current. The problem is if you forget to switch the disconnect and fire up the generator the power back feeds the inverter and fries it (once was enough) as the inverter that I have does not have a 110 in and out like the ones shown on the post. Does anyone know of some type of diaode protector or? to prevent the 110 current to back feed into the inverter? Obviously I don't know the proper electrical term for such a device, any Ideas?

Re: Inverters

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6894
well i installed a 1250 tripplite inverter\charger with auto switch built in that i purchased off of ebay new and it came with the remote switch and battery temp sensor. It was very easy what i did was take the 110v feed to the tv\stereo system out of the converter and wire it to junction box with a 110v outlet in the box, the inverter had a 110v outlet plug wired to it and i plugged it in the the new junction box. i than picked up my 12v power from my battery disconnect switch and ran it to the inverter. I mounted the remote panel by the front door. I now have 2 charging system on my unit the original one which is 60 amp charger and the new is 35 amp charger. when i run the inverter it will not run the charger , when i plug into shore power or start the gen it all switches by it self automatic. i mounted the new inverter under the sink remove the panel and you can get to the battery disconnect and all the converter wiring very easy. At the same time i removed my house batterys both 12v and replaced them with interstate 6v xhd batterys which will give me 238 amp hours better than 2 12 volts.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6895
I installed a 1500 watt inverter in my GS Endura. It required a ATS (Automatic Transfer Switch) to separate the power from Shore Power, Generator and Inverter. Also required that converter be moved to a separate circuit. This allows the passenger side of MH to have power. Which includes entertainment center and plugs along the wall. It also runs fridge. Have to remember switch it to gas. Added this to my list of to-do items this summer.
Best
Eon Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 6898
Thanks for the info, I will have more questions when I return on Sunday and or next week as I am leaving in a few hrs and have no internet service during this trip.

Bob Schlieder
Construction Superintendent
Phone (619) 244-4238
Office
C.J. Wiesner Construction Inc.
836 Camelot Parkway, El Cajon Ca. 92019
Phone (619)443-7716 Fax (619) 443-6474