Skip to main content
Topic: Ceiling fabric bubbles (Read 432 times) previous topic - next topic

Ceiling fabric bubbles

Yahoo Message Number: 7248
I think up to the year 2007 which has a naugahyde ceiling, the ceilings were of a fabric material resembling carpet. Mine has bubbles forming
here and there. Anybody have a fix that works. I've tried a hypo needle and contact cement and only made a mess. I sure would like to
get the bubbles out.
Denny

2006 Seneca 35GS Dmax. Ford Ranger toad.

Re: Ceiling fabric bubbles

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7249
Denny . . . I had the fabric ceiling on my last 5th wheel RV that had a few bubbles. In talking/meeting with the factory techs. I learned the following:

Causes can be . . . Improper gluing at manufacture (although that's not their public position) water leaks, although you would generally see staining, or too wet & too aggressive use of wet/dry carpet cleaners with upholstery attachment.

Solutions . . .Their solution for small areas was the hypo injection of glue, sometimes pressed in place with a 2X4 and plank wedged into place. With glue, less is better (many little dots of glue). For extensive bubbling, the solution was to remove and replace. Friends who have had this done all switched to the vinyl ceiling.

George

Re: Ceiling fabric bubbles

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 7250

Dennis, the "carpet like" material you are referring to is made by Ozite. (See Attachment)
You can contact them and find out how best to resolve your problem.
Ozite
2804 Jeanwood Drive, Unit 3
Elkhart, IN 46514
Tel: 574-262-0121
Fax: 574-262-1245

Your ceiling material must have been installed improperly. I also have a 2006 Seneca and have had no problem with mine.