Skip to main content
Topic: New Vinyl Stairs -Thank you Jayco (Read 383 times) previous topic - next topic

New Vinyl Stairs -Thank you Jayco

Yahoo Message Number: 14012

So whatever crappy and he said Jayco used never really set up on these stairs. If you look at yours they're probably actually screwed in on the corner perimeter. Mine finally got so slippery they were dangerous so I took them out completely only to find that it was just a slimy uncured meth underneath. So I stripped out the wood treads over the metal base, made new ones cleaned up the gooey mess on the bottom step that doesn't have a wood tread and purchased for nice dark brown commercial grade vinyl steps from Home Depot. These are probably twice as thick as the original version. Maybe 3 or 4 times actually.
More clean up with denatured alcohol and brake cleaner and some new adhesive and hopefully we'll be good to go for the duration.
By the way the name of the steps I got our ROPPE ana material is super really heavy duty and a very high quality. If you do this planet or 3 hours to cut the wood and get it fitted correctly along with the vinyl gluing rolling etcetera.
The better thing about it is that you can put in some color that matches your interior better I select the dark brown instead of the ugly black crap put in there to begin with
~
Victor Burns
KI6IM
Embark TB390 Bunkhouse