Skip to main content
Topic: Bad lighting ground - GS Conquest Super C (Read 468 times) previous topic - next topic

Bad lighting ground - GS Conquest Super C

Yahoo Message Number: 8096
I've been trying to troubleshoot a bad vent fan and the 3 forward overhead lights. I think I've traced it to a bad ground. The connection overhead looks good, but have no idea how the ground gets to the chassis from there. It disappears forward in the ceiling. Does anyone know where the motorhome manufacturer normally pics up chassis grounds? I looked down by the fuse panel and don't see any obvious grounding there. The back fixtures work fine - seem to operate from a separate ground wire.

Re: Bad lighting ground - GS Conquest Super C

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 8097
If it goes forward you may find a group of wires connected together somewhere around the TV/antenna amp. I have also seen them connected together at one of the lights. If push comes to shove just make a new connection to the aluminum frame at the vent with an "eye" crimp connector and a self taping screw.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ken
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2011 12:36 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Bad lighting ground - GS Conquest Super C

I've been trying to troubleshoot a bad vent fan and the 3 forward overhead lights. I think I've traced it to a bad ground. The connection overhead looks good, but have no idea how the ground gets to the chassis from there. It disappears forward in the ceiling. Does anyone know where the motorhome manufacturer normally pics up chassis grounds? I looked down by the fuse panel and don't see any obvious grounding there. The back fixtures work fine - seem to operate from a separate ground wire.

Re: Bad lighting ground - GS Conquest Super C

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 8098
On my GS, ground comes at the converter and main fuse block for DC. Then is routed to ceiling through the fridge opening. If you have a front AC. Look inside the AC. Wires are routed threw this area.
Best
Ron Hall