Skip to main content
Topic: Ride Height (Read 382 times) previous topic - next topic

Ride Height

Yahoo Message Number: 11607
I have a 3316 Endura, has Koni's on it front and rear. The rears are eye to eye. I am not sure if the Chassis that use the stems on top would be the same or not. My rear shocks were extended 17" at normal ride height stock. That is the Maxamin that Koni recomends. My brother in law's 3331 also sets a 17' stock. I have lifted my motorhome 3" at the rear axel which in my opinion makes it set about right. That stretched the Koni's out all the way which is 20". They literally have no travel. I mention this because as I recall several in this group have lifted their motorhomes 2". I imagine all of these Chassis no matter who the Motorhome Manufacture is, will set at 17" stock. Those that have lifted their Motorhomes 2" are now at 19" ride height on those rear shocks. That is giveng them 1" of travel, not near enough. I dont'd mremember this being discussed, if it has been disreegaurd all this. Thought it was worth mentioning. I removed the upper shock mounts cut out the bolt made a new mount using the stock bolt, bolted it to the upper side of the lower frame rail. The shocks now set at 16.5" which make them dead center of the available travel. Just sayin

Re: Ride Height

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 11608
Did he get the right shocks?

KONI has one set for the 13,500 & 15,000 springs and one set for the 19,000 chassis. We found out when I went to have mine installed. (About 3 years ago) If it is the 19,000 rear springs you need the "red" ones (don't remember the #) Luckily the shop that did mine was less then 10 miles from KONI's warehouse. Took them 3 trips and a 15 minute phone call to the engineering dept to get the right shocks. They updated their web site shortly afterwards.

Dave