Skip to main content
Topic: Ceiling storage shelf? (Read 518 times) previous topic - next topic

Ceiling storage shelf?

Yahoo Message Number: 6807
Hey all -
Anyone ever seen a storage shelf to add in where the sun visors go?
I found a company that makes them for other models but not for the Kodiak cab.
Also looking for ideas for a center console up front, mostly for drink cups. I do have the auto leveling system that has two small upholders in it. It's just too small.
Thanks in advance.
Bob in Billerica, MA
09 Road Warrior RWS3400

Re: Ceiling storage shelf?

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6810
Thanks Don,

That looks like it'll work fine. Any idea what year and model it was made for?

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 6814
There are cheaper consoles on EBAY than what Don listed. Here is one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY-VAN-CENTER-CONSOLE-DRINK-TRAY-OEM-/380332520489?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588d95b429
Two types are available. I got the one that has a latching door on front. Other model just has a open compartment.
When looking for components for cab area. Look at items that will fit a Savana or Express Van. Doors, windshield and other items will fit. Dash and side panels are different.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 6819
One of these is now on the way to MN.
Thanks!
Greg
MN

There are cheaper consoles on EBAY than what Don listed. Here is one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY-VAN-CENTER-CONSOLE-DRINK-TRAY-OEM-/380332520489?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588d95b429
Two types are available. I got the one that has a latching door on front. Other model just has a open compartment.
When looking for components for cab area. Look at items that will fit a Savana or Express Van. Doors, windshield and other items will fit. Dash and side panels are different.
Best
Ron Hall

(no subject)

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 6842
Does anyone have any experience with leaks at the cab/overhead bunk joint? I have a gulfstream 07 and the carpeting under the matress for the overcab bunk is wet after any driveing in the rain experience. Thoughts?
Morrigan

front cap seal

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 6844
Clean up the area seam as best as you can. Then seal edge with Eternabond tape. Are you sure its the joint? It may be the windows in the front cap.
Best
Ron Hall

Re:

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 6847
I have a 06 Endura. I had the same problem. My leak was at the lower
left side of the over the bunk window. I took off the inside trim
around the inside to find it. I removed the outside rubber trim {
tossed it out } and then caulked around the whole window. Chuck

Re:

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 6848
I had a leak on my 07 gulfstream and it turned out to be the clearence lights on the front cap. Re-caulked them all and no more leak

Re: front cap seal

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 6850
the forward end of the bunk doesn't get wet, but the back end by the lift out panel does, so I'm thinking it's the joint.
Thanks all
Morrigan

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 10:03:22 +0000
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] front cap seal

Clean up the area seam as best as you can. Then seal edge with Eternabond tape. Are you sure its the joint? It may be the windows in the front cap.
Best
Ron Hall

Re: front cap seal

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 6852
I had a problem with mine and it turned out to be the front window, I put a alum. sun shade up in window instead of using what came with coach. I found out later that is a no-no as it magnifies the heat and it melted all the window seals around and in window itself. Company said never seen one cooked that bad !!! after replacing entire front window assembly all (knock on wood) is ok again.

Gary