Skip to main content
Topic: More Issues (Read 631 times) previous topic - next topic

More Issues

Yahoo Message Number: 5126
We ran across a Seneca near Nashville just wondering if one of us? Got to park this afternoon and the dining slide went haywire again going off track. Managed to get it in, by hand, but not before it tore some molding again. Just had that one fixed not long ago. The fan shroud that bolts in back of engine fan and comes around to the front came loose and man what a racket but with Ron and my fooling around found it and cut it off. Will get fixed later. We have been on road now 6 weeks and 21 states so we are only 400 miles from home. Besides the above issues all went smooth. Russ understand your new nickname is CRASH!! SMILE

Hope all is well with all of you and look forward to visiting again. Dane and Bettye

Re: Table leaf problem

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 5127
Hi Guys . . . After bouncing along on Wyoming's secondary highways today, my Seneca dining table leaf once again vibrated all the way out and snapped into place. Have any of you had this continuing problem? Have you come up with a simple fix?

George (sitting in Casper's Walmart tonight)

Re: More Issues

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 5128
Glad you were able to find your problem.
Russ's trip woes continue. Latest was a low bridge. My info is secondhand. So I will not go into detail. My sister and husband met them while they both were camping in our backyard. They were walking their dog while in a Branson, MO campground. Saw a Seneca. It was Russ. They plan on spending some time enjoying Branson. Before continuing their trips west toward their homes.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 5129
Our dinning table would open while driving down road. Does not have a spring to move in place. Installed a strap similar to the strap used to tie a sliding door in place while travailing. This stopped opening while moving down road.
Best
Ron Hall

Re: More Issues

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 5130

While in Branson, enjoy breakfast and a round of golf at Pointe Royale Golf Village for a discounted rate. The gate guard will let you in if you tell him/her that you are there to golf or have breakfast... and you may get a glimpse of Andy Williams or Mickey Gilley... or a host of other entertainers. We live there, but right now are working for Feinberg in Mobile, AL on oil spill claims.

Denny

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 5132
Thanks for the idea. Right now, I'm using two spring clamps on the sides of the table. It works, but looks a bit tacky in such a nice RV :-))

George

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 5134
George, our Seneca 34ss also has a slide out table leaf, and it came with a brass "sliding bolt" that holds the leaf in the retracted position when not needed. Simple "out of sight" $3.00 fix may be your answer.

Craig

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 5136
Thanks Craig . . . I got down under the table and took a look. Guess I'm slow--I can't figure where the bolt latch would go so that it doesn't get in the way and doesn't show.

George

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 5137
George

I fought that for a while, tried the strap and finally removed the leaf. I still didn't like the table because of the sharp edges and they hung down about four or five inches and every time I sat down I scraped my legs on the corners.

My solution was to have my neighbor, who makes doors, make me a new table.

Here is a pic I took a few minutes ago. I have the computer table and chairs strapped to the table because I am traveling.

[IMG]http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz223/trailryder/Misc/P1020001.jpg%5b/IMG]

Rich

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 5139
Nice Table! That sure would solve the annoyance. But I think it's a bit bigger project that I want to tackle--at least while on the road.

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 5142
George, I don't know if you have the same type of table, but on my 2006 Seneca the 12" wide leaf stows underneath the free end of the table and is supported by a slide mechanism. When you want to extend the length of the table, you simply pull the leaf out toward you, and the spring loaded mechanism raises the newly exposed leaf to be flush with the rest of the table. Conversely, when the leaf is to be stowed, the leaf is pushed downward and slid forward, so that the leaf slides under the end of the table.

There is also a 4" verticle trim piece underneath the end of the table that hides the above mechanism from view. Mounted on the back side of this trim, is a vertical "slide bolt", so that the bolt can be slid upward into a hole on the bottom of the leaf when the leaf is in the stowed position. When the bolt is in place the leaf cannot slide out until the slide bolt is lowered allowing the mechanism to function as designed. Hope that helps ~

Re: Table leaf problem - NOW I UNDERSTAND

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 5171
Craig . . . Thanks for the description. Now I see what they did. I see a trip to the hardware store in my near future.

George