Skip to main content
Topic: New Front TV Mount. (Read 462 times) previous topic - next topic

New Front TV Mount.

Yahoo Message Number: 16093
It has been a while since I posted. So here is a new mount for the forward TV.

Well, inherited a new flat screen TV and taking the Grand Twins on an RV trip. (Valium donations accepted). They are going to be in top bunk, so thought I would get the TV mounted and out of the way.

Step Zero: I had picked up a Mono Price Mount - possibly recommended on this group (?) some time ago. However New TVs seemed to always end up in Sandy's study for some reason. Hmmm. ; - ) One finally escaped her grasp and so...

Step one: went to Home Desperate and picked up some finished beech shelving. Attached it to the wall with two molly bolts (disappointing) and followed this with three sheet metal screws into the aluminum strut (Good). I did this separate wood mounting board so as not to be constrained by the location of the strut, and have some freedom for the mounting. Also this is about "Release 3" for the set up in the front. I wanted to make things easy if we have another change or upgrade.

Step two: attached the MonoPrice Mount to the mounting board. I had leveled the RV and used a level to make sure it was vertical before drilling pilot holes. Then screwed it in.

Mono Price Mount on beech wood mounting board - Split loom tube to control connections, also note added strap to retain the TV in position during travel. This just clips in place around the TV.

Here is the finished project:

The way this is wired right now there is a power strip at the end of the split loom tube. That enables me to run something off the inverter at the front of the cab.

We shall see how this fairs. I went way overboard on the mount. It is very sturdy. The TV is at the low end of the range that the mount supports. However I really wanted to over-design this because most TVs don't have to undergo the stress that RV TVs do! I also wanted to be able to move the TV way out and be able to tilt it down. Further I wanted to be able to easily push it back flush to the wall, and be able to secure it so that there would be no movement during travel.
[Added] A couple of weeks into the trip, and this has been working GREAT.

Best
Kevin (Real) McCoy [@KF5FUZ]
("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006;
"Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)