Skip to main content
Topic: Camping World Belleville MI (Read 510 times) previous topic - next topic

Camping World Belleville MI

Yahoo Message Number: 13432
Was in CW to pick up a toilet today on the way to Ludington and there was a Seneca in the parking lot. Anyone from the Group.

Don

ps. Installed the toilet but it leaks like mad at the water connection. Anyone encounter the same problem and get it fixed? If you did, what is the secret? Instructions don't mention plumbers tape but I may try some in the morning. Soaked the area around the toilet twice today. The problem is compounded by limited room in the back and it is darn difficult access.

Mini

Re: Camping World Belleville MI

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 13433
Not sure how yours hooks up. You probably need a new fitting that connects to toilet. I few years ago I installed a shut off valve just before toilet. This allows me to shut off flow to toilet. But keep water working in rest of MH.[URL=http://s35.photobucket.com/user/ronjhall/media/IMG_0344_zps41798238.jpg.html][IMG]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/ronjhall/th_IMG_0344_zps41798238.jpg[/IMG][/URL]BestRon Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 13434
Ron, the link to the photo did not work. I extracted the relevant portion of the URL but still no luck.

I'm interested in what you did since I had a similar thought but I'm not sure how difficult a task it would be because of limited room (will remove the toilet first to solve that) and limited length water line coming through the floor.

How my problem started: In the fall of 2012 when winterizing I blew out the lines. Everything worked well EXCEPT for the fact that I forgot to put the flush valve of the toilet (now find that Thetford suggests disconnecting the line as well). I thought it was just the valve that was damaged. Last year in our one week of use we just grabbed the shower hose and used it as I had a cap on the water supply.

In the middle of doing this note I got called away and forgot about it. I told my son I was going to throw the old toilet out. He suggest removing useful parts first - which I did (like most of the toilet - the bowl, hoses, toilet seat).

I then took another look at the water connection. I turned the water off and ran the taps so I'd have minimal water coming out of the line when I took the cap off. It is really damn difficult to get your hands around the back and see anything but I realized that perhaps the water line connection wasn't really lined up with the intake enough. Since the toilet bolts are in slots and the toilet can be turned, I moved it to line up the supply better and it turned out to connect much easier. Turned on the water again and so far no leaks (fingers crossed).

But I still like the idea of a shut off valve. I'm keeping the cap for the incoming water line handy as well. Further, whenever we leave the site we are going to continue to follow our years old practice of turning the water supply off.

Don

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 13436
Thanks Ron. Our toilet is on a pedestal and the water line comes up through the floor behind it with no where near as much room as you have in yours. Going to see what will work but with five thumbs it is a bit more difficult.

Don