Skip to main content
Topic: Forgot to add. (Read 561 times) previous topic - next topic

Forgot to add.

Yahoo Message Number: 11666
Forgot to add there is a circuit breaker on the front of the inverter don't think there is any other in-line 12v fuse.

Dave

sailorray1  wrote:

Bought a used 2010 Seneca 36FS two weeks ago, very pleased with the unit but I have some questions that perhaps someone in this group can answer.

1. I know that when you turn off the ignition and have your foot on the brake pedal the brake boost will operate until your foot is taken off of the pedal...my question is: should that same brake boost operate when you turn off the ignition and your foot is NOT on the brake pedal?

2. This unit has the xantrex inverter which the control panel appears to be dead....where is the inverter located (I suspect it is under the bed frame in the same area as the fuse panel) ? Also does the inverter input cables (12VDC) have a in-line fuse located somewhere ?

3. I want to touch up some scratch and mar marks on the cabinets...anyone know of a wood stain that blends well.

Thanks
Ray Hamilton

Re: Forgot to add.

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 11680
Ray did u get the control panel to power up on your xantrex invertor?

Larry Payne  ⛳

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 11682
The control panel is not lighting up....I'm thinking the inverter has lost power (blown fuse or tripped CB)

Ray

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 11683
Attachments :

OK. WRT my unit. Your mileage may vary.

CIRCUIT BREAKER: On my unit the circuit breaker only manages the auxiliary AC plug for the inverter. That is the source for AC when you are plugged in. CAUTION - YOU CAN SHUT THIS CIRCUIT BREAKER OFF AND STILL HAVE AC FROM THE INVERTER FUNCTION.
    FUSE PANEL: There is no fuse for the inverter in the 12V distribution system. There is "supposed" to be (per the Inverter Instruction Manual) an in line fuse for the Inverter. However I have never found it.

Front panel breaker:

Inverter
    Your inverter may look something like this (I have a different version because I wanted the GFCI plugs accessible.) Note the #6 which is a tricky reset button that can get tripped. This is a common source of issues from this forum.

Note also that you have an on off switch #1. You may want to start by unplugging the RJ11 cable from the unit and start your debugging directly from the face place controls on the inverter.

There is a lot of DC amps here, so remove rings, watches and jewelry before working on the rear of this puppy.

Good luck

Kevin KF5FUZ
    Jayco Seneca 2006 SS 34

Reply #4
    Yahoo Message Number: 11684
    Attachments :

There are three thirty amp fuses inside the inverter. This unit is only 400 watts and can barely handle the entertainment system. Mine wouldn't do the job at all after replacing the cheap cd /radio with a Sony blue ray and a big screen. It would cycle on and then off to finally giving up entirely. I now use it only for the rear TV. It was a good idea wiring it in but the unit needed to be at least a 1000 watts.
      Denny

Reply #5
      Yahoo Message Number: 11685
      2008 and up they switched to an 1,800 watt and that is what he has in his 2010.

Dave

Dennis Bradford  wrote:

There are three thirty amp fuses inside the inverter. This unit is only 400 watts and can barely handle the entertainment system. Mine wouldn't do the job at all after replacing the cheap cd /radio with a Sony blue ray and a big screen. It would cycle on and then off to finally giving up entirely. I now use it only for the rear TV. It was a good idea wiring it in but the unit needed to be at least a 1000 watts.
      Denny

Reply #6
      Yahoo Message Number: 11686
      Ray, yes push reset on your inverter . Also make sure your cat 5 Communication cables are plugged in tight

Larry Payne  ⛳

Reply #7
      Yahoo Message Number: 11690
      Got the inverter going....loose connection on remote panel cabling at inverter...hope it holds, I touched it and bingo...we got power..wiggled a little more on it and still works...thanks for the input on the thing !

Regards
      Ray