Skip to main content
Topic: Unknown symbol on dash (Read 681 times) previous topic - next topic

Unknown symbol on dash

Yahoo Message Number: 11459
Please see album of same name.

This is on the panel below the radio. The symbol is not in my manual and I have no idea what it is supposed to represent.

Changed the fuel filter just in case and it made no diff

Has anyone seen this ?

Re: Unknown symbol on dash

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 11460
I believe it is indeed the fuel filter but changing only will Mott reset
You will need to reset
Something like stepping on breaks etc there are instructions on the manual how to.
I do remember you will hear a buzz for few seconds during the reset which is normal, then the light goes out.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 11463
At a GMC service location now. It means it is not getting a signal from the water sensor that screws into the bottom of the fuel filter.

Seems the sensor is bad. You'd think they'd have this pretty basic item on hand, right? Nope. Cooling my heels while they have one delivered.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 11464
With the key on, but engine not running you hold down the brake pedal (you will hear boost motor, not a problem) and the accelerator for 10/15 seconds and the light should go out. Sometimes you have to do it a second time.

Dave

agilityaussie  wrote:

I believe it is indeed the fuel filter but changing only will Mott reset
You will need to reset
Something like stepping on breaks etc there are instructions on the manual how to.
I do remember you will hear a buzz for few seconds during the reset which is normal, then the light goes out.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 11467
Thank you so much for posting the reset sequence. 30 minutes after the part arrived I said to them either that wasn't the problem or he doesn't know how to clear it. He didn't. He had the chassis batteries disconnected and was preparing to reset the ECM.

He reconnected the batteries and I did your sequence . It took a full 15 seconds of pressing on the pedals before the warning went out.

This forum is priceless!

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 11468
Dave Sparke has enlightened me about that symbol. It means to change the fuel filter. The ECM is monitoring the amount of fuel that is flowing and when it exceeds a certain level, you get that light on the dash.

If your service people change your fuel filter and do not know to reset as described here, you are gonna get the symbol even if your fuel filter is fine. (like mine.)

The business about the water sensor was incorrect. If the water sensor isn't sensing, nothing happens. You only get the water in the fuel symbol when the sensor float is engaged.

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 11471
It tells you how to do this in the owners manual too.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:39 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Unknown symbol on dash