Skip to main content
Topic: 2007 Endura-6340 Some "Behind The Scenes" Pictures (Read 757 times) previous topic - next topic

2007 Endura-6340 Some "Behind The Scenes" Pictures

Yahoo Message Number: 5858
Our GS Endura and us have spent a lot of home-bound time due to a raft
of family issues that have prevented travel. So... I decided to poke
around inside some of the "innards" of the coach and take a few pictures
while I'm at it. It's been educational for me, so I figured there might
be other GS/Kodiak owners out there who haven't had the chance to get a
glimpse of what's behind some of those cabinets. The first posting is 4
pictures of what's behind the rear-most closet/cabinet in the bedroom.
In addition to the water pump being installed there, the bypass valve
is there as well. This was a surprise to me as I expected it to be near
the water heater. I'll be posting some additional "FYI" shots as time
permits. Bill

Re: 2007 Endura-6340 Some "Behind The Scenes" Pictures

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 5859
It will be interesting to see what else you find in your hunt. I'm in the process of replacing all of the woodwork in my '05 Endura. Low chassis miles, but a few interior issues including a missing door, TV cabinets that don't work with LCD's, no continuity in the TV antenna cable, bad surround sound reciever among a few others so I decided I would have a winter project and swap out all of the medium oak for cherry and fix all the little things as I go. So far the surprise was that the subwoofer was buried (and not accessible) behind one of the cabinets above the cab. I've also swapped the power to the slides over to the coach battery, added a winterizing valve to siphon antifreeze into the water lines along with much of the 'to do' list that Ron passed along.

I do have a diesel geeny question for the group, but will start a new post with appropriate subject line for that. It's also been informative reading the 'cold weather camping' posts. We backed out last weekend as there was no electrical hookups at our agility trial and the diesel genny is COLD blooded.

Looking forward to more pics so I know what I'm in for going forward. So far I am just getting the entertainment area in order and will move on from there.

Greg Thompson

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of berfle624
Sent: Friday, November 26, 2010 8:39 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] 2007 Endura-6340 Some "Behind The Scenes" Pictures

Our GS Endura and us have spent a lot of home-bound time due to a raft
of family issues that have prevented travel. So... I decided to poke
around inside some of the "innards" of the coach and take a few pictures
while I'm at it. It's been educational for me, so I figured there might
be other GS/Kodiak owners out there who haven't had the chance to get a
glimpse of what's behind some of those cabinets. The first posting is 4
pictures of what's behind the rear-most closet/cabinet in the bedroom.
In addition to the water pump being installed there, the bypass valve
is there as well. This was a surprise to me as I expected it to be near
the water heater. I'll be posting some additional "FYI" shots as time
permits. Bill

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 5861
Good pictures. Here is link to your photos.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KodiakChassisClassC/photos/album/853986124/pic/list
My bypass valves is in the fresh water bay. Below the cabinet you have pictured.
The fill hose is looped up like mine was. I routed it so that it has a continuous downward direction. I can now put water in fresh water tank at full flow without half of it coming back out the filler.
In bottom of right hand closet is transfer switch. I added a 120 volt wall plug in front wall. Use it to plug in a small electric heater without going over wife's stuff at vanity table.
I have been in almost very cubby hole in our 6340. Lots of stuff to be found in the holes.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 5863

Awesome shots!

Slide 10 - I notice that your water pump has solid hose connectors. We replaced these with flexible hoses and cut our water pump noise in half. Used to sound like a Jake Break. A big deal because YF likes to be off the grid. If that is an issue for you - it was inexpensive, and greatly noise reducing. Plus, it looks like you have the space!

K
Kevin (Real) McCoy [KF5FUZ / WQJE447]
("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

Re: 2007 Endura-6340 Some \

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 5864
Great idea to reroute the fill hose. I've been using a 3ft section of hose with a fitting on just on the supply end. Then I carefully push the other end onto the tank filler hole until I get to a point where there's no blow-back. Works well but you can't over-emphasize the need to be careful pushing the hose in. Bill

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 5866
I've never heard it described that way before but it sure does capture the sound. :)

What annoyed me with the Greyhawk 32SS was the way in which one had to put water in the tank if you didn't have a fresh water hose handy - get a water jug and connect the winterizing hose and pump it into the tank - all to save a few bucks for a gravity fill line.

Don

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 5867
It amazes me how different years/models have things built different. My MH came with the hoses in place. I bought mine used. But I am sure that's how it came from the factory. Because the access panels had never been cut out until I did it.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 5868
Did your MH come with gravity fill like our GS do? Or are you saying there was no way to fill unless you were hook to city water?
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 5871
You had to connect to city water OR fill a container and put a hose in and connect to the intake and set the switches to winterize. That would pump the water in to the thank. When winterizing the hose would be place in the container of anti-freeze which would be sucked into the water tank.

D