Skip to main content
Topic: Tire monitor system (Read 716 times) previous topic - next topic

Tire monitor system

Yahoo Message Number: 14595
Can anybody recommend a tire pressure monitor system?

2007 GulfStream endura
Steve Phillips

Re: Tire monitor system

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 14596
I have used the Minder Research TireMinder system for the last several years. I have it on the 6 MH tires and 4 more sensors for the Toad. Bought it for my previous Class C and transferred it to my new Seneca. I recently upgraded to their new A1A display which I like much better and also has a "disconnect" function for when I only have the coach. That way it doesn't think the toad tires are "missing".

I have the signal booster installed in the rear of my coach and have never had a problem receiving signal. The system has let me know when I had slow leaks, probably saving me from a possible blowout.

I would not be without a system ever again!

On Friday, June 19, 2015 9:44 PM, "Steve Phillips clcmo@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 14597
Is the booster necessary if you don't have the sensors on the road?

Best,
Steve Phillips
2007 GulfStream Endura

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 14598
Minder says it is recommended, but on my prior unit I did not, but I never had a problem receiving even the toad tires. My Seneca is over 7 feet longer than my old Chateau, and so the car is a long way from the dash receiver! The A1A display had an upgrade option for the booster that made the package attractive.

I do tow almost every trip so I felt it a worthwhile investment. 22.5" tires are not cheap!

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 14599
Thanks so much for the info I am going to try to find it online tomorrow and Purchase-

Best,
Steve

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 14600
I have a TST 607 system and wonder how I went six years without one. It's really nice to be able to monitor them so easily. I am surprised at how much the pressure increases over a short period of time, then it stabilizes, but I didn't expect it to increase the way it does. I guess all those year of ignorance is bliss was a surprise.

Take care,
Greg

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 14601
I have the TST system also. Has worked well for 8 years. I have 10 sensors and a booster. Having a booster depends on motorhome and what kind of interference it has. Wish I had system with replaceable batteries. But they were not available when I purchased mine.
http://tsttruck.com/
Best
Ron Hall