Skip to main content
Topic: Exhaust Fumes (Read 557 times) previous topic - next topic

Exhaust Fumes

Yahoo Message Number: 603

I have a question for other members... my tailpipe exits beneath the body wall just a few inches ahead of the passenger side rear tire. The main entrance door to the coach is 12 inches above and 6 inches ahead of the tailpipe outlet.

To me, having the exhaust outlet so close to the entrance door not only poses a burn hazard to passengers exiting the coach, but also poses a risk that fumes could enter thru the door if open and the coach is idling. I am told a person came succumb to exhaust fumes in only a few minutes. Also, the bottom of the door is not exactly air tight as I can see daylight thru the bottom.

Does anyone else have the exhaust so close to the entrance door? And am I being "overly" concerned about this issue? I admit I appear to be a bit "outspoken" about the safety concerns of my coach.

Denny

Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.

Re: Exhaust Fumes

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 610
I have a Four Winds Funmover that is set up the same. The gasket under door wasn't complete so the alarm kept going off all the
time as we were driving finally talked service into fixing that to see if it would shut the alarm up !! It worked.