Skip to main content
Topic: More information (from Jayco) regarding power to the slides. (Read 399 times) previous topic - next topic

More information (from Jayco) regarding power to the slides.

Yahoo Message Number: 8853
I got this from Jayco, good information
Good reading.
thanks Mo

1. As you know, being plugged into 50 amp service or running the generator will allow you to use most if not all the items in the Seneca. However, when it comes to running the slides, especially the mega slide, it needs more voltage than the converter can provide. The converter puts out 13.4 volts and the engine’s alternator puts out 14.2 volts. So, we advise to run the engine every time the slides and jacks are used

2. As you know, the main slide is very big and heavy. This is why there are 2 motors to run the slide. Even if you run the main slide/mega slide with fully charge batteries, it uses so much voltage, that there may not be enough for the bedroom slide. What I advise to do is after running the main slide in, with the engine running, wait a couple of minutes for the batteries to charge up again. Then run the bedroom slide.

3. The house batteries are wired to both the house and the engine. When you are on generator or plugged into shore power, the converter charges the house batteries. When running the Chevy engine, the alternator charges the house batteries. It’s just the engine’s alternator puts out more usable voltage.

Re: More information (from Jayco) regarding power to the slides.

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 8854
That is good reading... I always worry when pulling in my large slide that its not going to make it one of these times, but I cant say I've ever tried it with the engine running, I always just figured shore power would be best.

Re: More information (from Jayco) regarding power to the slides.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 8861
It's listed right in the Jayco manual to never run the large slide or jacks without the motor running. If I'm not mistaken I read it in three separate places in the Jayco book. The previous owner even had a post it not right next to the slide controls.

CrazyTed