Skip to main content
Topic: It is so Great (Read 657 times) previous topic - next topic

It is so Great

Yahoo Message Number: 3637
It is so wonderful to be an American and be able to do as you please to complain, attaboys and just not worry about who is looking over your shoulder. I spent 39 years in the Army protectng this geat Nation and am Darn proud of it and all we stand for. Be proud you can own an RV and can travel whereever you want and no one questions what you do and why. GOD BLESS AMERICAN AND OUR GREAT SOLDIERS WHO DEFEND IT! Dane

Re: It is so Great

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 3638
I'll second that !!!!! Thank you all for your service

dane.goodwin wrote:

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 3639
Dane, you are so fortunate. My wife questions everything I do, and my sanity. ;-)
Seriously - THANK YOU. Travel often reminds us of the kindness and greatness of the country. K

center
From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of dane.goodwin
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 10:57 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] It is so Great

It is so wonderful to be an American and be able to do as you please to complain, attaboys and just not worry about who is looking over your shoulder. I spent 39 years in the Army protectng this geat Nation and am Darn proud of it and all we stand for. Be proud you can own an RV and can travel whereever you want and no one questions what you do and why. GOD BLESS AMERICAN AND OUR GREAT SOLDIERS WHO DEFEND IT! Dane

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 3640
Thanks for serving, Dane. And yes, the freedom to travel... and how about not fearing the goons with machine guns at the airport, bus station, or even walking up and down the streets. I agree, we do live in a great country.

My dad retired from the Army. He was a Korean (as a Marine) and Vietnam veteran. I spent 25 years in the Coast Guard.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 3642
Dane said:

>spent 39 years in the Army protectng this geat Nation and am Darn proud of it and all we stand for.

Well if my father-in-law was still alive he'd say you were serious about your career. He was a retired COL and used to kid me because I was only a 20 year man opposed to his 36 years. He used to kid me about not being "serious" :-) I was on the 30 year plan (regular Army), but was medically retired before I got there. I'd still be there otherwise. The draft lottery was the only lottery I ever won :-)

Greg
CW3, USA, (ret)