Skip to main content
Topic: The GS SuperMax Tampa Show (Read 457 times) previous topic - next topic

The GS SuperMax Tampa Show

Yahoo Message Number: 2152
http://www.martinsburgrv.com/rv/1658

This is the floorplan we examined Friday.

Could not find any photos of the Silver Bullet.

BTW, wheelbase of the 29A with is 31 ft 10 inches long, is 218.5 inches. Ratio of wb/length is .57 which is certainly OK

The other two models are the 33B which is 35 ft 1 inch and wb of 238.5 for a ratio of .5665

and the 35C which is 36 ft 8 inches long with wb of 257.5, for a ratio of .5852

As I look at the Brochure for the Silver Bullet, I see that the floorplan of the SuperMax we looked at appears fairly close, if not identical, to the 35C SuperMax - which the sales guy said was 35 or 36 ft long.

Don

Re: The GS SuperMax Tampa Show

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 2153
Don,

Many thanks for your more in-depth observations, updates & corrections. I have always enjoyed attending these extravaganzas... like a kid at Disney. DW thinks I'm nuts & was thankful for the excuse to stay at the CG to look after our critters... her only caveat is that I leave the checkbook with her.

There was a lot of sticker-shock in evidence within the crowds too including $3 bottled water, $6 beer and $9 kettle corn. :O

Bill

Re: The GS SuperMax Tampa Show

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 2154
Bill, those price were complete rip offs, no question.

Not too much sticker shock on the RVs though. I can see how one could get really carried away and was again reminded of the glamor of the RV industry.

What would have been my leap off the cliff if DW wasn't a mitigating factor and we hadn't lost 35% of our equity in the market blow off?

Well, there was a lovely Country Coach with a MSRP of over $500k being offered at $306,000. Only caveat would be the license as Ontario has issued a policy statement and this MH clearly requires a Class D license (vehicle of any size not towing more than 10,200 lbs). I'd have to make sure I had that license first. Didn't have it for our Journey or our Ambassador and it was required - although thousands are in violation now.

I'll provide a few more personal observations shortly. We just gotup and is it cold. We are in the park model and heat is fine. We had one heater on for our son in the Kokiak and it is only 61. We are heading our for our bi-weekly pancake breakfast here in the park and I'll put together comments when we get back.

Don

On 17-Jan-09, at 7:48 AM, berfle624 wrote: