Skip to main content
Topic: Break down (Read 380 times) previous topic - next topic

Break down

Yahoo Message Number: 6827
Made it home to Osoyoos the other day safe and sound, however when travelling 101 in Burbank in wall to wall traffic all of a sudden all the dash lights came on and the engine died, well now have no power, brakes or steering, managed to pull over to the side of the road and called Good Sam. A small tow truck arrived and said he could hook some chains to the r.v. and pull us down the ramp, you can guess what I told him, a CHP officer arrived and stayed with us until Good Sam person arrived. The problem was the fuel filter. I had service done at Burt Ogden in Mission Tx and they did not install the fuel filter properly and it had vibrated loose and the end result sitting on the side of the road. Filter re installed and off we went and works good now

As always travel safe and enjoy
Kathy & John

Re: Break down

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6830
Glad you are safe.

I live in the mountains of Kern county but own a biz in Burbank Ca. I know the 101 well, bumper to bumper.

The fuel filter should be a 3/4 turn after snug not a 1/4 or 1/2 turn....thats the way i do any way.

bill

Re: Break down

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6833
To bad you had to sit on side of freeway. Russ Hill lives 20 miles from there.
Next year in the Valley. If you need a filter change. Give me a call. We can do it in a few minutes. Or try a Speedco. They do a good job of oil, filters and lube job for a reasonable price on our Chassis's.
Best
Ron Hall