Skip to main content
Topic: dash light question? (Read 474 times) previous topic - next topic

dash light question?

Yahoo Message Number: 6834
Attachments :

Does anyone know what this light means? I suspect it is telling me to get an oil change?

Re: dash light question?

Reply #1
    Yahoo Message Number: 6836
    Time to change oil.
    When you get that done. You will need to clear the light. You will find the procedure in your owners manual.

How to Reset the Engine Oil Life System
    The Engine Oil Life System calculates when to change the engine oil and filter based on vehicle use. Whenever the oil is changed, reset the system so it can calculate when the next oil change is required. If a situation occurs where oil is changed prior to a change engine oil light being turned on, reset the system.

To reset the Engine Oil Life System:

Turn the ignition key to ON/RUN with the engine off.
    Fully press and release the accelerator pedal slowly three times within five seconds.
    If the change engine oil light is turned off, the system is resetting.

Turn the key to OFF.
    If the change engine oil light comes back on when the vehicle is started, the Engine Oil Life System has not reset. Repeat the procedure.

Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #2
    Yahoo Message Number: 6839
    Thanks much appreciated. I reset the light so it won't bug me until I have the unit serviced.

What intervals do most of you change oil/filters etc?

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ronjhallsr
    Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2011 4:17 PM
    To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: dash light question?

Time to change oil.
    When you get that done. You will need to clear the light. You will find the procedure in your owners manual.

How to Reset the Engine Oil Life System
    The Engine Oil Life System calculates when to change the engine oil and filter based on vehicle use. Whenever the oil is changed, reset the system so it can calculate when the next oil change is required. If a situation occurs where oil is changed prior to a change engine oil light being turned on, reset the system.

To reset the Engine Oil Life System:

Turn the ignition key to ON/RUN with the engine off.
    Fully press and release the accelerator pedal slowly three times within five seconds.
    If the change engine oil light is turned off, the system is resetting.

Turn the key to OFF.
    If the change engine oil light comes back on when the vehicle is started, the Engine Oil Life System has not reset. Repeat the procedure.

Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #4
    Yahoo Message Number: 6858
    Manual calls for 15,000 miles or 12 months. Whichever comes first. I do the one year. I get less than 10,000 miles each year.
    Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #5
    Yahoo Message Number: 6859
    I'm with Ron. I change oil/filter and fuel filter once a year whether I need it or not.... Cheap insurance in my opnion.

Dave Sparke

Sent: Monday, April 18, 2011 7:42 PM
    Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: dash light question?

Manual calls for 15,000 miles or 12 months. Whichever comes first. I do the one year. I get less than 10,000 miles each year.
    Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #6
    Yahoo Message Number: 6860
    Thanks Guys that's what I will do. I assume the same for the generator?

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dave Sparke
    Sent: Monday, April 18, 2011 5:26 PM

I'm with Ron. I change oil/filter and fuel filter once a year whether I need it or not.... Cheap insurance in my opnion.

Dave Sparke

Sent: Monday, April 18, 2011 7:42 PM

Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #7
    Yahoo Message Number: 6863
    The generator is a different story. I change oil & filter in it every other year. Most of the hours on mine are running it every month to keep it running properly when I need it.
    Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #8
    Yahoo Message Number: 6864

You can look in the genset manual. Follow it exactly in case you have a problem you will not be denied a repair...and on a diesel generator is a lot od money.

~
    Victor Burns | KI6IM
    2008 Dutchmen 34H