Skip to main content
Topic: 2008-2010 Jayco Seneca 36FS/37FS Bunk Measurements (Read 485 times) previous topic - next topic

2008-2010 Jayco Seneca 36FS/37FS Bunk Measurements

Yahoo Message Number: 14024
Hello Everyone!
Thanks for allowing me in this group. We're finally trading in our Class C BH and going for a Super-C. We travel the US with our band, and will need the towing capacity as well as a bunk house floor plan. Been looking at the Jayco 36FS and 37FS, and they seem to be a great fit. I have a couple of questions about this MH. If you all wouldn't mind helping me out, I'd truly appreciate it.
1. Would anyone be able to tell me the bunk bed mattress measurements? I need them to fit adults comfortably.
2. I have a few low mile Seneca FS' that I'll be checking out. What should I look for? Any tell tales?
3. One of the Senecas I'm checking out needs tires. Has anyone had any experience with switching over to the single rear tires instead of dually? If so, how much did the conversion run you, and how has it effected the handling if any (was it worth it?)?
4. I've read that the 5500 frame can get tossed a bit in the wind. Is there anything I can do about that?
5. Lastly, I've read that some of the Senecas came with 15k leaf springs, and should be upgraded to 19k leaf springs. Will this raise the towing capacity in any way?
Thank you so much for your help.
Jay Hitaffer

Re: 2008-2010 Jayco Seneca 36FS/37FS Bunk Measurements

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 14025
What part of the country are you in? My brother has a jayco bunkhouse super c he is about to put for sale

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

"wasabijay@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:

Hello Everyone!
Thanks for allowing me in this group. We're finally trading in our Class C BH and going for a Super-C. We travel the US with our band, and will need the towing capacity as well as a bunk house floor plan. Been looking at the Jayco 36FS and 37FS, and they seem to be a great fit. I have a couple of questions about this MH. If you all wouldn't mind helping me out, I'd truly appreciate it.
1. Would anyone be able to tell me the bunk bed mattress measurements? I need them to fit adults comfortably.
2. I have a few low mile Seneca FS' that I'll be checking out. What should I look for? Any tell tales?
3. One of the Senecas I'm checking out needs tires. Has anyone had any experience with switching over to the single rear tires instead of dually? If so, how much did the conversion run you, and how has it effected the handling if any (was it worth it?)?
4. I've read that the 5500 frame can get tossed a bit in the wind. Is there anything I can do about that?
5. Lastly, I've read that some of the Senecas came with 15k leaf springs, and should be upgraded to 19k leaf springs. Will this raise the towing capacity in any way?
Thank you so much for your help.
Jay Hitaffer

Re: 2008-2010 Jayco Seneca 36FS/37FS Bunk Measurements

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 14026
I live in MD. In between DC and Bmore.

Jay Hitaffer
www. WasabiJay.com
HighVol Music
MegaForce Records/Sony-Red
Touring/Recording Artist
Saints Of Rebellion Bassist
www. SaintsOfRebellion.com
Spector Bass Endorsed
www. SpectorBass.com
Clayton Custom Picks Endorsed
www. SteveClayton.com
Secksey Wear Custom Stage Apparel
Head Designer/CEO
www. SeckseyWear.com
WasabiJay@...

On Thursday, January 22, 2015 9:05 PM, "Ronnie Hartzog georonnie@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote: