Skip to main content
Topic: Blown fuse maybe and terrible confusion (Read 384 times) previous topic - next topic

Blown fuse maybe and terrible confusion

Yahoo Message Number: 15788
During our last trip, both slides on the 6362 suddenly stopped working, fortunately, the slides were in.
Upon returning home, it was discovered not only did the slides not work but the power seats were not working.
I remembered seeing a label in the power distribution box, underneath and behind the passenger door. I checked the fuse identified as supplying power to the power seats but it was not blown.
Next, opened the next storage compartment to locate the side control. It appears that the control box supplies power to the passenger slide and has a smaller control box jumped off the large box that powers the drives side slide.

A check showed power coming into the large box but didn't have anyone to push the in/out button to see what happened.
All fuses located in the large control board and the small control board checked out as well as the fuses under the dash on the passenger side.

Have not located any fuses that power the front power seats.

Since that time, I have been in the hospital on 3 separate occasions and am attempting to start on this project within the next few days if possible.

The emergency brake switch has been checked and the circuit is complete.

Power is coming into the large control box and passing thru the fuses.

Just not really able to get my head around the workings of this system as yet.

If power is coming into the large box, it is possible to check to see if power is going out? Guess, a check could be made at the motor to see if it is getting power. Wonder if the power is fed thru the in/out switch before going to the motor?

Can't imagine the power seats and the slides being caused by the same problem but maybe.
As the power for the power seats is not supplied by the fuse in the power distribution box, any ideas where they might obtain power?

Certainly desire any ideas as I am trying to get back up to speed but it is a slow process.

Thanks,
Don

Re: Blown fuse maybe and terrible confusion

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 15789
Hope get better soon.
As for the slides. I experienced problems with bad connection in connectors. Open up the connectors that go to switches. Does not take much corrosion to give problems.
Best
Ron Hall