Skip to main content
Topic: Using the generator? (Read 499 times) previous topic - next topic

Using the generator?

Yahoo Message Number: 2789

To my veteran RV'ers,
My question is, Is it a routine or normal practice to run a the generator, while the the RV is moving?

Thanks,
Alex Santos
El Paso, TX

"Many of Life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up!"
--Thomas Edison.

Re: Using the generator?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 2790
I don't often run the generator while traveling because my dash air works so well. That said, I have run the generator on super hot days so that I could run the overhead A/Cs. With the inverter, there is not much other need for me to run the generator.

Some of the newer coaches don't have LP frigs and their generators start automatically to keep the frig at temp.

Some say that running the generator and using the coaches A/Cs, instead of the dash A/C gets better fuel mileage. That and gives more power for hill climbing, etc... I have tried both ways and don't see much difference. - Certainly doesn't hurt to run the generator while moving. If you don't do much dry camping, it is probably a good idea to run it while traveling so that it does get exercised.

Re: Using the generator?

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 2791
Have not found the need to run the generator while driving, but should be fine if you did.

Keith
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 14:06:14 -0700 (PDT)
To:
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Using the generator?

To my veteran RV'ers,
My question is, Is it a routine or normal practice to run a the generator, while the the RV is moving?

Thanks,
Alex Santos
El Paso, TX

"Many of Life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up!"
--Thomas Edison.