Skip to main content
Topic: Symbol or Code (Read 489 times) previous topic - next topic

Symbol or Code

Yahoo Message Number: 6489
On the my middle of my control panel where the exhaust brake icon comes up I had a gas pump icon show up. Does anyone know what this icon is? No performance issues just the lit icon.

Re: Symbol or Code

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6490
Water in Fuel. May need to change fuel filter.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6491
The interesting thing is I just did less than 100 miles ago, I did place Diesel Kleen as an additive with their normal suggested amount, do you think by some chance it's picking that up?

Otherwise, I do not see how any water could get in. Does the sensor at the bottom of the fuel filter sending out the indication. If so and it gets wet, would it give me this indication?

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 6493
I have been using Star tron diesel fuel addative during cold weather or over long storage periods. It does a great job with water problems in the diesel fuel. I also now hear Stabil has a diesel fuel addative that does the same thing. I like Ron I think you need to change the fuel filter and at this point and add a addative like Star tron or stabil diesel addative to get rid of the water in the fuel tank
Here is what Star tron says about its product:
Star Tron Diesel Additive 16 oz.

Star Tron Diesel Additive 16 oz.

Product Number:   #93116
Pack:   12- 16 oz bottles
Description:   Revolutionary Enzyme Fuel Additive that improves engine performance, reduces emissions, eliminates carbon deposits and improves fuel efficiency. Also stabilizes diesel fuel for up to two years.

Options:   8 oz Diesel Treats 256 Gallons
16 oz Diesel Treats 512 Gallons
32 oz Diesel Treats 1,024 Gallons
1 Gallon Diesel Treats 4,096 Gallons

Features:

Star Tron disperses bacteria, allowing the fuel filtration system to function efficiently. Reduces all emissions, including carcinogenic particulate smoke. Prevents fuel oxidation and stabilizes diesel chemistry for at least two years. Lowers fuel system maintenance. Eliminates carbon build-up on injectors and exhaust components. Increases fuel economy, especially in older engines.

Eliminates water in diesel fuel by dispersing it to sub-micron size that can be safely burned off during combustion. Because it treats water in fuel, Star Tron aids in fuel gelling issues: with the moisture removed, it cannot be converted to ice crystals at low temperatures that in turn can lead to fuel gelling. For severe low temperature applications, we recommend a pour-point depressant.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 6496
Most likely place for water to get in to fuel is at the place where fuel is purchased.
Bottom of WIF (water in fuel) sensor is suppose to loosen to drain water from fuel filter. I have never tried it. But if you are going to change filter worth a try.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 6497
Thank you for all the feedback. Also I figured out my awning problem. I was able to jump it out, the retract would work but the extract would not. I opened up the motor cover and I had a loose wire.