Skip to main content
Topic: Transynd (Read 574 times) previous topic - next topic

Transynd

Yahoo Message Number: 9602
Is there an auto part chain that carries Transynd? I've been to a couple stores in salt lake city but haven't been able to find it. Is there some other transmission fluid I could use to add?

Re: Transynd

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 9603
Use only Trasynd transmission oil. Purchase from a Allison dealer in your area. One of your owners manuals should list the closest dealer in SLC..

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, August 5, 2012 10:42 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Transynd

Is there an auto part chain that carries Transynd? I've been to a couple stores in salt lake city but haven't been able to find it. Is there some other transmission fluid I could use to add?

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 9604
For Transynd you will find the best price at most Allison service centers. Not sure where you are located. In the Midwest try Inland. There are several Transynd approved TES 295 oils. Checkout this Allison list.
http://www.allisontransmission.com/service/autoapp/172/viewpage.jsp?ThisPage=3
Should be able to mix these with Transynd.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 9605
Check some of the truck stops as well. As Ron said may not be the best price though.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ronjhallsr
Sent: Sunday, August 05, 2012 2:07 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Transynd

For Transynd you will find the best price at most Allison service centers. Not sure where you are located. In the Midwest try Inland. There are several Transynd approved TES 295 oils. Checkout this Allison list.
http://www.allisontransmission.com/service/autoapp/172/viewpage.jsp?ThisPage=3
Should be able to mix these with Transynd.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 9606
I just bought 3 gallons of Mobil Delvac synthetic fluid, which is approved by Allison.
If you will check out this web site: zorotools.com. The price was 54.66 per gal. and I believe shipping was free and of course no sales tax.
They shipped it via Fed Ex and I had it within 5 days of placing the order.
I did a lot of checking and this was by far the best price I could find.
Good luck
John Hepkin

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 9608
Thank you all. Looks like I should be able to round it up tomorrow.

Would you say 150 degrees is hot enough that the measurement on the dip stick would be justified in the hot category?

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 9609
Allison approval is important if your transmission is still under warranty. If they detect the use of other than an approved TES 295 fluid you can probably kiss the warranty goodbye. Of course, this would only come about when you have transmission problems and need the coverage.

Don

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 9613
On the subject of the Transynd transmission fluid, do we have a drain plug in the transmission to drain it or does the pan have to come down ? I'm away from the RV presently and a guy said that they dont have plugs anymore !! ??

Sent: Sunday, August 5, 2012 10:38 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Transynd

Allison approval is important if your transmission is still under warranty. If they detect the use of other than an approved TES 295 fluid you can probably kiss the warranty goodbye. Of course, this would only come about when you have transmission problems and need the coverage.

Don

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 9618
Gary...Just changed my engine oil this morning and YES my transmission pan does have a drain plug. 2005-06 Kodiak chassis.

To: "KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com"
Sent: Monday, August 6, 2012 9:30 AM

On the subject of the Transynd transmission fluid, do we have a drain plug in the transmission to drain it or does the pan have to come down ? I'm away from the RV presently and a guy said that they dont have plugs anymore !! ??

Don

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 9619
Thanks for the information

Sent: Monday, August 6, 2012 4:00 PM

Gary...Just changed my engine oil this morning and YES my transmission pan does have a drain plug. 2005-06 Kodiak chassis.

Sent: Monday, August 6, 2012 9:30 AM

Don