Skip to main content
Topic: Help Jayco 35GS electrical (Read 1835 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Help Jayco 35GS electrical

Reply #25
Yahoo Message Number: 6066
not without being there with a meter.
Sorry, I can't troubleshoot long distance, on a system I don't have a schematic for.
Morrigan

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 11:35:15 -0500
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Help Jayco 35GS electrical

John, there is no doubt that this "electrical stuff" gets tricky, especially for people like me who have 5 thumbs on each hand.

I have a TRC 50 Amp Surge Protector and it will show if only one or two legs are coming through from the pedestal. If you have a Surge Protector you might want to check it.

If it shows both legs are getting through to the MH, then you will know the problem is in the motorhome. It sure sounds like one leg is not working. Perhaps the electrical gurus can tell us if the problem could be in the transfer switch??

Hope you find the problem soon.

Don

Reply #26
Yahoo Message Number: 6067

John

If you have a volt/ohm meter, you might check the input and output side on your AC/DC converter. My father-in-laws went out over Thanksgiving. We had similar situation. The furnace would not come on, because the ignitor is electric. It also ran down his batteries because they were not being charged. It was only putting out 9.5 vdc instead of 13.5. We had to jump the engine from a spare battery and then let the engine alternator charge up the coach batteries. It held us for 1 more night until he could order a new unit on-line.

Even though the unit was on shore power, most electrical runs off the DC side and is charged by the generator or converter.

Bob

Reply #27
Yahoo Message Number: 6068

Like Ron, I should have read to the end of the posts. Glad it was an easy fix once you had a meter to tell you where to look.

Bob