Skip to main content
Topic: This may be a stupid message, but.... (Read 986 times) previous topic - next topic

This may be a stupid message, but....

Yahoo Message Number: 8113
We have not figured out how to open and close the cab windows without the levellers retracting when we turn the ignition? Is there a way?

Re: This may be a stupid message, but....

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 8114
It is not a dumb question. I did the same thing a few times before figuring out that the windows also operate by turning the ignition backwards to accesory, rather than forwards to the on position.

Frank Bock
2007 Seneca ZX

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 8115
What leveling system do you have? Mine will not retract unless I push the retract button on the control panel. I've turned the ign back on several times to adjust the levelers after we get parked.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dee
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2011 5:17 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] This may be a stupid message, but....

We have not figured out how to open and close the cab windows without the levellers retracting when we turn the ignition? Is there a way?

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 8116
My 07 32SS (Greg jump in here in case my memory is not functioning) would retract the jacks as soon as the ignition was turned on - and I don't remember being able to turn it counter clockwise from the off position. Jayco did a fix with the wiring and that solved the problem.

Don

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 8117
I guess they figured out they had a problem since mine is an 08.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Don Leslie
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2011 7:15 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] This may be a stupid message, but....

My 07 32SS (Greg jump in here in case my memory is not functioning) would retract the jacks as soon as the ignition was turned on - and I don't remember being able to turn it counter clockwise from the off position. Jayco did a fix with the wiring and that solved the problem.

Don

On 2011-12-11, at 5:47 PM, Dave Sparke wrote:

What leveling system do you have? Mine will not retract unless I push the retract button on the control panel. I've turned the ign back on several times to adjust the levelers after we get parked.

From:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dee
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2011 5:17 PM
To:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] This may be a stupid message, but....

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 8119
We thought that was possible, but did not want to try as we are set up and the slides are out. Thanks

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 8121
Yes, thank from me too. I have been wondering about how to deal with the jacks retracting everytime I turn on the ignition. Can't wait to see if there is a solution.

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 8122
Here are the instructions that someone posted a couple of years ago on
how to bypass the function of the jacks retracting when the ignition key
is turned on. They will still retract automagically when the parking
brake is released. This worked on my 2007 Greyhawk 32SS and was posted
by someone with a Seneca. I apologize for not remembering who did it so
I can give them credit.

1) Remove the driver side kick panel besides the parking brake. There
were two screws near the door holding mine on. It would be a good idea
to ensure the truck is off and the coach batteries are also off.

2) Locate a small relay with 4 wires attached. My relay was screwed to
the body with a small sheet metal screw. I removed the screw to more
easily remove the proper wire from the relay. They just used spade
terminals on the relay on my Seneca.

3) Remove the GREEN wire from the relay.

4) Replace the spade terminal with a ring terminal on the GREEN wire.

5) Attach the Green wire to a common ground screw. There were two
available near the relay.

6) Replace the relay and replace the kick panel. Test the jacks. Make
sure they Emergency Retract when you release the parking brake. Your
done!!!

Take care,
Greg

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 8123
I never worry about getting bored anymore. Just flip over to my kodiak page and read up on everything. Not only is it better than facebooking its educational! Thanks guys and gals. And MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.

Sender: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 09:06:01 -0500
To:
ReplyTo: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: This may be a stupid message, but....

Here are the instructions that someone posted a couple of years ago on
 how to bypass the function of the jacks retracting when the ignition key
 is turned on. They will still retract automagically when the parking
 brake is released. This worked on my 2007 Greyhawk 32SS and was posted
 by someone with a Seneca. I apologize for not remembering who did it so
 I can give them credit.

1) Remove the driver side kick panel besides the parking brake. There
 were two screws near the door holding mine on. It would be a good idea
 to ensure the truck is off and the coach batteries are also off.

2) Locate a small relay with 4 wires attached. My relay was screwed to
 the body with a small sheet metal screw. I removed the screw to more
 easily remove the proper wire from the relay. They just used spade
 terminals on the relay on my Seneca.

3) Remove the GREEN wire from the relay.

4) Replace the spade terminal with a ring terminal on the GREEN wire.

5) Attach the Green wire to a common ground screw. There were two
 available near the relay.

6) Replace the relay and replace the kick panel. Test the jacks. Make
 sure they Emergency Retract when you release the parking brake. Your
 done!!!

Take care,
 Greg

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 8124
Put a PDF document in files under JAYCO with this info.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 8125
Where is the "Like" button?

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 8126
Attachments :

http://th361.photobucket.com/albums/oo58/rbnumb/th_Like.png

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dee
    Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 9:06 PM
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: This may be a stupid message, but....

Where is the "Like" button?

Reply #14
    Yahoo Message Number: 8127
    Thanks Dave . . . I clicked it a few times. Dee was right . . . This is a good group.

George

Reply #15
    Yahoo Message Number: 8129
    Especially when you are stuck along side the road and need answers. They always come through for us.:) happy

Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 6:19 PM
    Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: This may be a stupid message, but....

Thanks Dave . . . I clicked it a few times. Dee was right . . . This is a good group.

George

Re: A New Question From A Noobie

Reply #16
    Yahoo Message Number: 8130
    Does anyone have a suggestion on how to clean the inside of the exterior lense for the backup camera on a Jayco Seneca? I have spent a fair amount of time on dirt roads. The dust comes up inside the rear body molding of the MH and seems to settle on the inside of the lense, clouding the whole image. It really quite worthless right now. It looks to me like the only way is to cut the caulking around the lense molding and remove it. What type of caulking is best to reseal it? Any ideas on keeping the dust out of this area? I am thinking of partially sealing it down below.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Reply #17
    Yahoo Message Number: 8131
    Attachments :

Sherman:
      I clean mine about once a year.
      However it seems to me that Dane may have a better approach. He mounted his on the outside of the seal, and can tilt it to get a better view of his trailer / toad. Maybe he can tell us how that is working out?
      If you decide to clean and reseal, here is the process and materials that work for me. I have tried a couple different ways and this seems to work best if you do not go Dane's route.
      ------

Backup Video Clean Up
      Once a year I clean up the backup camera on Roscoe Ventura.I believe this is because there must be a light leak near the camera. That may need some work.I think some night I will have to climb up and see where the light is coming from. Of course the issue may be the mounting itself, as it is free in the rear shield fiberglass molding, which has connection to the outside world!
      Removing the shield containing the video window I see lots of bugs and cobwebs.
      Resealing the video shield!I have sealed this previously with silicon seal.I believe that is overkill and to hard to get off when cleaning. So my attempt this time will be with Butyl tape. The intent is to make a water tight seal, that is a bit easier to remove if I need to.
      Here is the shield with Butyl tape in position ready to mount. The Butyl tape comes in a roll with a paper backing to keep it from sticking to itself. Unroll to the length you need and snip with scissors.

After general cleaning I used acetone as a final clean up around the video camera area, and replaced the panel with two holding screws. Use Lacquer thinner to clean the scissor before storage.
      ---------
      Kevin (Real) McCoy [KF5FUZ / WQJE447]
      ("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

Reply #18
      Yahoo Message Number: 8132
      Tried doing that a few times. Finally took the plexi off which is much better. If you noticed they stopped putting the camera under plexi.
      Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

Sender: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 13:50:13 -0000
      To:
      ReplyTo: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: A New Question From A Noobie

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to clean the inside of the exterior lense for the backup camera on a Jayco Seneca? I have spent a fair amount of time on dirt roads. The dust comes up inside the rear body molding of the MH and seems to settle on the inside of the lense, clouding the whole image. It really quite worthless right now. It looks to me like the only way is to cut the caulking around the lense molding and remove it. What type of caulking is best to reseal it? Any ideas on keeping the dust out of this area? I am thinking of partially sealing it down below.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Reply #19
      Yahoo Message Number: 8133
      Attachments :

Ours came without the cover as well which makes it not only easier to clean but also adjust.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Kevin (Real) McCoy
        Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:05 AM
        Cc: daneg
        Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: A New Question From A Noobie

Sherman:
        I clean mine about once a year.
        However it seems to me that Dane may have a better approach. He mounted his on the outside of the seal, and can tilt it to get a better view of his trailer / toad. Maybe he can tell us how that is working out?
        If you decide to clean and reseal, here is the process and materials that work for me. I have tried a couple different ways and this seems to work best if you do not go Dane's route.
        ------

Backup Video Clean Up
        Once a year I clean up the backup camera on Roscoe Ventura. I believe this is because there must be a light leak near the camera. That may need some work. I think some night I will have to climb up and see where the light is coming from. Of course the issue may be the mounting itself, as it is free in the rear shield fiberglass molding, which has connection to the outside world!
        Removing the shield containing the video window I see lots of bugs and cobwebs.
        Resealing the video shield! I have sealed this previously with silicon seal. I believe that is overkill and to hard to get off when cleaning. So my attempt this time will be with Butyl tape. The intent is to make a water tight seal, that is a bit easier to remove if I need to.
        Here is the shield with Butyl tape in position ready to mount. The Butyl tape comes in a roll with a paper backing to keep it from sticking to itself. Unroll to the length you need and snip with scissors.

After general cleaning I used acetone as a final clean up around the video camera area, and replaced the panel with two holding screws. Use Lacquer thinner to clean the scissor before storage.
        ---------
        Kevin (Real) McCoy [KF5FUZ / WQJE447]
        ("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

Reply #20
        Yahoo Message Number: 8134
        Yes I took the camera out and just mounted it outside the camera container and it works great. Jayco took my advice and now mounts outside

Reply #21
        Yahoo Message Number: 8135
        Thanks to everyone for your input. It sounds like an outside mounting might be the way to go. Any thoughts on the best technique for this approach?

Reply #22
        Yahoo Message Number: 8136
        What I did was to remove the lens cover and then removed the plexiglass lens. I got a metal switch plate blank from Home Depot and mounted that to the cover. The camera has a plug on the pig tail. I mounted the camera to the metal cover and drilled a hole for the pig tail in the cover and installed a grommet. Reinstall the cover and test and adjust. It worked for me and looks good.
        Denny

Reply #23
        Yahoo Message Number: 8137
        Denny, can you post a picture?