Skip to main content
Topic: 2006 Seneca 34ss Charge amps? (Read 1234 times) previous topic - next topic

2006 Seneca 34ss Charge amps?

Yahoo Message Number: 8896
Anyone know how many DC amps the charger is putting out to the house batteries when running the 5500 genset?

thanks!

my koni shocks are on backorder from hendersons :(

bill

Re: 2006 Seneca 34ss Charge amps?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 8897
From memory. Look at the last two digits of your converter model number-

NOT the charge wizard, but the converter itself. That will be the DC amps produced.

So e.g. Intellipower 9130 would be 30 amps.

Kevin KF5FUZ
Kevin (Real) McCoy [KF5FUZ]
("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 8899
None. The 5500 puts out 50 amps of AC. Not 220 like a 50 amp service box (50 amps of 120 volts on each leg) delivers to the 50 amp cord. Your converter charges the batteries when generator is running.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 8901
In my 34 SS it is in the Bedroom behind the vent panel. This panel is metal vent mounted with screws and is right next to the fuse and circuit breaker panel. Remove the screws and you should see it.

You may have to remove a clothes drawer to get easy visibility.

Once you get the model number you can look it up on the Progressive Dynamics web site. That will also give you a 120v wattage level.

http://www.progressivedyn.com/power_converters.html.

K

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 8903
I will look there! I have pulled the grill to work on the "inverter" in there but don't remember seeing the "converter". I will look tonight when i get home from work.

thanks,
bill

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 8904
Where are you located? I fished the Great Lakes for many years.
Best
Ron Hall

Seneca

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 8966
Saw Seneca today between Mena and Mansfield pulling horse trailer. Was it any of ours.

Re: Seneca

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 13244
Joyce and I just pulled our Seneca ZX into the Central City KOA located West of Golden. On the tail end of our 2 week Colorado tour. We started in Colorado Springs, then spent 6 days in Ouray (just love that town). Have to head back to SE Michigan this weekend.

Best wishes and good travels to all.

Frank Bock

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 13245
We're thinking about a trip from Oregon, through Jackson Hole, on to Colorado Springs, and back maybe in September or so.

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 13247
Carl,

We have stayed a couple times at The Garden of the Gods Campground in Colorado Springs. It is a really nice campground that is close to so many nice things to see and do in the area.

Frank Bock

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 13248
Frank, we are likely going to be in Colorado Springs for a couple of days in Oct on the way to Chama for the Cumbres & Toltec steam train and then Albuquerque for Balloon Fiesta. If one has two days in CS what would you recommend. We plan to take the train up Pike's Peak one day and might drive it the next day since that would cover off two sides and different views (or would that be a waste of time?).

Did you go into the Ouray Hot Springs Pool? When we drove the San Juan Skyway 2 years ago we really enjoyed the trip. We looked at the Pool in Ouray and would have been delighted to try it but had to be in Durango that evening since we were booked on the Durango & Silverton the next morning (also a real enjoyable trip). I have to say that I just love the Four Corners. So much to see and so different. Oh, and we did get a ride in one of the Galloping Gooses that day.

Don

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 13249
We were just in that area with our Gulfstream Endura and saw several Senecas around, too.
Any in the group going to FMCA in Redmond?

Jim Guld
Geeks on Tour - Technology Training for Travelers
www.geeksontour.com

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 13250
Hi Don,
I have never taken the cogged train ride up Pikes Peak, but thoroughly enjoy driving up in a car or riding a motorcycle. Pikes Peak road is now 100% paved, so it is now very smooth and reasonably safe. Definitely would go back up if weather is favorable (1/2 day there). Take a half day to go and enjoy the Garden of the Gods park (free). There are lots of paved walking paths.......be sure to have your camera.....it is beautiful. Spend another half day in the neighboring town of Manitou Springs. Lots of nice shops to look in.....kind of an eclectic town. Take along an empty water or gatorade bottle so you can sample the water from some of the 9 natural springs that are right in town. My favorite is Twin Spring.......took a whole gallon to enjoy in the motor home.

We did some dirt biking and jeeping between Ouray, Siverton, and Telluride....so yes it was nice to soak in the Ouray Hot Spring Pool. The $12 entry fee seems just a little high, but the 104 degree and 98 degree water feel oh so good. I always stay at the 4J+1+1 campground in Ouray......short walk to town and the pool. Things are tight at 4J, but the location can't be beat. They have nice river side sites if you have the good fortune of getting one.

Best Regards,
Frank

Reply #21
Yahoo Message Number: 13261
I drove to the top of Mt. Evens in CO in 1978 and at the time it was billed as the highest road in the world. I was at a conference in Denver where it was 80+ and when we got to the top it was still nice and sunny but right on freezing at 32 degrees. Very nice drive and great view. We expect the same on PP. Given we'll be going up in October the risk of snow should be much higher. Sure hope we get a clear sunny day.

Don

Reply #23
Yahoo Message Number: 13358
While spending a night at 7 Feathers in our Seneca, I saw another Seneca driving by our space this last Sunday (8/3). Was it anyone of our group members? Coach looked identical to mine (08) ... didn't see the front end, so not sure if it was a Kodiak or Freightliner coach ... just the gold/black/red paint job that I noticed and the rear end.

Reply #27
Yahoo Message Number: 13477
I just got back from a short stay near Buellton, Ca. I had problems with a slide out that was stuck about halfway out. Since I could not travel that way I called the warranty folks. I told them the problem and was told all techs were busy at the time but would receive a call later.
I got bored and started to look at the slide drives and found a bolt coupling the two drives missing. I searched and found the bolt but no nut. Apparently whenever Camping World folks did some work on the slide previously they left off the nut and the bolt eventually fell out. OK I'm happy. I moved to another location about 50 miles away and had problems with my tankless water heater not making hot water. Comes on I hear numerous clicks but does not light. I also developed a water leak under the galley sink. Calle warranty service again, now keep in mind I had not received a call from the first service request and this was 3 days later.
The warranty folks acknowledged I had the open call but was not in the least concerned I never received a call back. They said they would check for the nearest repair shop and call me back, and they did, the nearest shop was 300 miles away and would have to be there this Monday... Labor Day!
I told them of a shop that could do the repairs back at my original site ans was on 50 miles away and they would come out to my camp site.
I was told if I did that it would void my warranty!
I am in the process of contacting Jayco and if all this is true I will ask for a refund on my extended warranty I paid dearly for!
OH yeah I have a 2014 Seneca with 3700 miles as of this last trip! Nuff Said!

Reply #28
Yahoo Message Number: 13483

Typical getting all the new coach problems sorted out. Now that I have a Jayco, I would never own one again. Dealers few and far between which makes parts and service tough. Also I needed a few parts, so I called several dealers, I got different prices from each on the exact same part. Some were extortion in their pricing.
It's only compounded by the fact the coach is assembled like shit to begin with too. Really a $1,000 screen door only available from Jayco? The Dynamax uses a regular ordinary simple to replace door, but not Jayco, which custom and super expensive.
~
Victor Burns
KI6IM
Embark TB390 Bunkhouse

Date:Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 7:53 AM
Subject:[SuperCrvgroup] Re: Seneca

I just got back from a short stay near Buellton, Ca. I had problems with a slide out that was stuck about halfway out. Since I could not travel that way I called the warranty folks. I told them the problem and was told all techs were busy at the time but would receive a call later.
I got bored and started to look at the slide drives and found a bolt coupling the two drives missing. I searched and found the bolt but no nut. Apparently whenever Camping World folks did some work on the slide previously they left off the nut and the bolt eventually fell out. OK I'm happy. I moved to another location about 50 miles away and had problems with my tankless water heater not making hot water. Comes on I hear numerous clicks but does not light. I also developed a water leak under the galley sink. Calle warranty service again, now keep in mind I had not received a call from the first service request and this was 3 days later.
The warranty folks acknowledged I had the open call but was not in the least concerned I never received a call back. They said they would check for the nearest repair shop and call me back, and they did, the nearest shop was 300 miles away and would have to be there this Monday... Labor Day!
I told them of a shop that could do the repairs back at my original site ans was on 50 miles away and they would come out to my camp site.
I was told if I did that it would void my warranty!
I am in the process of contacting Jayco and if all this is true I will ask for a refund on my extended warranty I paid dearly for!
OH yeah I have a 2014 Seneca with 3700 miles as of this last trip! Nuff Said!

Seneca

Reply #29
Yahoo Message Number: 15678
Hello,

Seems as if I remember you telling me you were not a Gulf Stream guy but a Seneca guy.

A couple of weeks ago I was just north of London, Ky and ran across VisioneRV.com

They have 100's of salvage RVs

It was late in the day but I stopped and met Terry. He informed me they had a Kodiak with a Seneca toy hauler. I did not personally see the unit because it was on the very back of their lot and they were in the process of closing but he did show me the photos on their web page.

The also have a warehouse of new and used parts of almost anything you can name.

I needed a piece of trim to replace a broken piece. The local dealer wanted $8 per foot and got a 6 foot piece from Terry, including the insert for $20.

Feel free to pass this info along to anyone that may need.

Thanks,

Don