Skip to main content
Topic: What tires for 2007 Jayco Senceca 34 SS? (Read 1440 times) previous topic - next topic

What tires for 2007 Jayco Senceca 34 SS?

Yahoo Message Number: 12542
It is about time to consider tires for the beast, a 2007 Jayco Seneca 34SS. It has Michelien XZE from the factory
but am open to others as they are some what spendy.
I am considering Toyo's or Goodyear, any thoughts on the subject?
I have a old crappy tire mounted on a rim and will take the best of the tires to use as the spare.
I have about 28K on the tires and have some checking and such, with the age on them want new for this travel season.
Any cost comparisons would be appreciated too.
Thanks, Kev.

Re: What tires for 2007 Jayco Senceca 34 SS?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 12543
Do you belong to FMCA? Check out their program with MICHELIN. I plan on replacing mine with the XZE, I have almost 50,000 , still plenty of tread with some hair line checking. MICHELIN said if the cracks were less than 1/32 it wasn't a problem.

Dave

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 12544

I just had to of the Goodyear G 670? Tires mounted on my front. I think the total was about eight hundred and sixty dollars out the door. Mine only had 20 1000 miles on them, but my front tow in was a little bit incorrect so they started to wear funny. Because I maintain everything to such a high level I elected to change them earlier than really needed. They seem to Drive just fine on my Kodiak chassis.
My rear ones are getting old from a year of manufacture but they still have plenty of tread left. There are virtually none of those tires in the distribution channel at the moment. At least in California. The good news was Pete's Road service had two of them in their warehouse. They probably sold a lot of them in quartzite last month.
Victor Burns
KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 12545

I just had to of the Goodyear G 670? Tires mounted on my front. I think the total was about eight hundred and sixty dollars out the door. Mine only had 20 1000 miles on them, but my front tow in was a little bit incorrect so they started to wear funny. Because I maintain everything to such a high level I elected to change them earlier than really needed. They seem to Drive just fine on my Kodiak chassis.
My rear ones are getting old from a year of manufacture but they still have plenty of tread left. There are virtually none of those tires in the distribution channel at the moment. At least in California. The good news was Pete's Road service had two of them in their warehouse. They probably sold a lot of them in quartzite last month.
Victor Burns
KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 12546
As to the cracking, is that length or width?
Denny

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 12547
I have a Ford F-550 delivery truck that had the XZE's on it. Just replaced them today after 150,000 miles.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of quadnkev@...
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 12:49 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] What tires for 2007 Jayco Senceca 34 SS?

It is about time to consider tires for the beast, a 2007 Jayco Seneca 34SS. It has Michelien XZE from the factory

but am open to others as they are some what spendy.

I am considering Toyo's or Goodyear, any thoughts on the subject?

I have a old crappy tire mounted on a rim and will take the best of the tires to use as the spare.

I have about 28K on the tires and have some checking and such, with the age on them want new for this travel season.

Any cost comparisons would be appreciated too.

Thanks, Kev.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 12548
Width. He said if it looks like a spider web is was not an issue.

Dave

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 12549
Great wear.

I think the only lemons that Michelin has made has been the XRV's. They were terrible on one of our DPs and I'd would never consider them for a MH. But there have been a lot of very favorable reports on the XZE's.

Don

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 12550
I would join if the tire price was right along with the mount and balance.
Do they have places to get the work done or is it just buying the tires and they are delivered to you?

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 12551
They tell you who the closest dealer and they do the mount and balance. You put a CC on file with Michelin, they give you a number and then the dealer sends the invoice to Michelin. I'm simplifying it but the "logistics" are found here.

http://www.fmca.com/join-family-motor-coach-association/member-benefits/fmca-connections/3455

Dave

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 12552
I tried to find info on the FMCA & Michelien program but came up empty, possibly have to join up before that info can be found...
Kev

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 12554
On 2/26/2014 1:49 PM,

It is about time to consider tires for the beast, a 2007 Jayco Seneca
34SS. It has Michelien XZE from the factory

I just replaced the original 6 on my 07 Greyhawk 32SS. It came with
Goodyear G670's and they wore well for the 45,000 miles I drove them. I
only replaced them due to age. I looked at others and considered the
XZE, but ended up just going with another set of G670's.....stuck with
what worked for me the first time. Was able to get a date matched set
less than five months old.

Greg

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 12555

What did you have to pay?
Victor Burns
KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 12556
I had a bunch of truck service done too, but I think the tires were about $2800 out the door for six.

Take care,
Greg

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 12558
I put the Double Coin on my rig. Got them at discount tire. I have the ribbed ones on the front and a more aggresive mud and snow tread on the back. I get a little road noise from the back but can live with it. I have about 8000 miles on them and they are wearing great. I can't remember what i spent, will have to save that for another email.

mark

2006 seneca 34SS
--

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 12559
You found a Discount Tire that will work on 19.5" tires?

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 12560
I think Discount Tire and America'sTtire are the same company.
America's Tire told me they could get tires but not do an install so that was out of the mix.
I appreciate all the comments and stories about tires it is helping guide what I do.

Reply #18
Yahoo Message Number: 12566
you know, i thought about that and have to retract that statement. i buy all of my other tires at discount, but bought the double coins at les schwab...

mark.
--

Reply #19
Yahoo Message Number: 12573
How do you like those Double Coin tires so far?
What was the tire cost?

I am thinking of Toyo's as they are either American made or Japan.
The double coins are Chinese.

Reply #20
Yahoo Message Number: 12575
When I bought my rv, the previous owner tried told me they'd put new front tires on for me. Three hours later with tires on the rims for the 4th time trying to get them balanced, I finally told the shop to ditch the double coins and put on Michelin. You could actually see the runout on the tire OD as it was spinning with the rv on jackstands. Those tires were absolutely horrible and I would never risk having them on any vehicle I own ... especially the front. The Michelins balanced out right away and were lightyears better. I'd only go with Michelin or toyo. Much safer in my opinion.

Dave

Reply #21
Yahoo Message Number: 12576
so far they have been a good smooth running tire. i will have to look at the receipt again, but i will to say under $2000 until i look. like i said, i have a little hum from the back tires as they have a more aggressive tread on them for snow and such, but i have about 8000 miles on them in the last year and they are wearing well.

mark
2006 seneca 34ss
--

Reply #22
Yahoo Message Number: 12577
How did they balance them? i don't see any wheel weights on my rims so i am thinking they used the internal bead method of balancing. i didn't watch the process as i just dropped it off at les schwab and they worked it into their schedule.

it travels down the road without a shake, shimmy, or wobble and it tracks so well that i end up doing a considerable amount of one handed driving. i have run them up to 75 mph and they still run smooth but usually run around 60 as that gives me decent fuel milage. respectfully i can't find any complants on these tires for the year that i have had them on and the 8000 miles i have driven them.

mark
2006 seneca 34SS
--

Reply #23
Yahoo Message Number: 12579
Okay, I'll bite.....what are "double coin" tires? Must be a Chinese name
I'm not familiar with.

On the subject of balancing.....the truck place that did my tires uses
balancing beads on the inside of the tire and swear by them. I will
admit I just got back from a 4000 mile trip after they put them on and
they were smooth as glass....BUT, I wonder if that's what is giving me
hell every time I try to check the tire pressure. The valve stem
mechanism seems to stick and sometimes continue leaking. I have to play
with the thing and pop it to finally get it to stop and there are times
when I do that, I get a shot of crap/dust from it. It's become a real
pain in the neck.

Greg

Reply #24
Yahoo Message Number: 12583
Greg, when they use powder they should have changed out valve core and used ones w/filter on end and put yellow I'd band on stem.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

Greg Gimlick  wrote:

Okay, I'll bite.....what are "double coin" tires? Must be a Chinese name
I'm not familiar with.

On the subject of balancing.....the truck place that did my tires uses
balancing beads on the inside of the tire and swear by them. I will
admit I just got back from a 4000 mile trip after they put them on and
they were smooth as glass....BUT, I wonder if that's what is giving me
hell every time I try to check the tire pressure. The valve stem
mechanism seems to stick and sometimes continue leaking. I have to play
with the thing and pop it to finally get it to stop and there are times
when I do that, I get a shot of crap/dust from it. It's become a real