Skip to main content
Topic: Window gaskets (Read 1857 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Considering a toilet upgrade

Reply #25
Yahoo Message Number: 14325
Don Leslie  [SuperCrvgroup] wrote:

WHAT A GOOD GUESS.  HOW DID YOU KNOW?  :)

Just a lucky guess :-)
This last fall it was blown out again.  This time foot on the flush and then anti-freeze sucked through all the lines.  In other words, belt and suspenders.

When it comes to winterizing, you can't be too careful. I've had one broken line in an RV and it was way back in my new 1976 Coachman pop-up. Ever since then, I've done my own winterizing and been overly careful. We took the Jayco out for its shakedown weekend after months in storage last week and things went quite well. Then the night before we came home, I looked to see the forecast had yesterday morning projected to be 25 degrees. Well crap...before we headed out of the park, I re-winterized it. It got down to 22 at my house yesterday morning so I guess I'm glad I did. I'm sure my neighbor didn't and he won't have any problems, but mine would have frozen...it's the way the world works :-)

When I had my permanent setup at the beach, the guys around me would harass me for winterizing whenever I left during the cold season. They were relentless and none of them ever winterized. Of course every spring when they'd be repairing a line or two, they wouldn't remember the crap they gave me. It's just too easy to winterize now with the new systems. That's also one reason I tell DW that I have no interest in ice makers.

I'm heading over to buy the new toilet tomorrow, I still haven't decided on the Thetford or the Dometic.

Greg

Re: air admittance valve

Reply #26
Yahoo Message Number: 14326
Our valve under the sink was loose. No odors but a good find. Thanks for the tip!
Tom
'06 6331 Gulfstream

Reply #27
Yahoo Message Number: 14336
Those old black AAV are a joke, a cheap piece of crap. I am a licensed master plumber and have replaced a gilloin of those. Go down to the plumbing supply house and ask for a 1-1/2" Studor vent made by either Studor or Oatey they either glue on or screw on. these you will not have trouble out of and they work the way they are suppose to

Reply #28
Yahoo Message Number: 14338
And now I know, thanks a bunch I am going to go see where mine is located and what kind it is. I bet it is the cheap one!!

Doug Brothers
2005 6340 Gulfstream Endura

Reply #30
Yahoo Message Number: 14378
And swap out the $2.00 one for a good $25 one when it fails or when you feel like you want to spend a few $ proactively

~

Victor Burns
KI6IM
Embark TB390 Bunkhouse

Date:Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 3:39 PM
Subject:[SuperCrvgroup] Re: air admittance valve

Anyone changed one of these under your sink cabinets? Do they just screw on or are they glued? My coach is in storage and I forgot to look at it when I was over there.

Take care,
Greg

Mine are just screwed on. As a matter of fact, I was getting a smell of the gray tank in the coach and found that the valve in the kitchen was loose enough the let the odors into the coach. A few twist to tighten the valve and the odors went away.

Billy