Skip to main content
Topic: Still having electrical problems (Read 1975 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Still having electrical problems

Reply #25
Yahoo Message Number: 1828

Morrigan,

I am tempted to do just that, but the cover is riveted on with small pop rivets, and if I open it up, the warranty is voided.

Denny

Electrical problems

Reply #26
Yahoo Message Number: 1819

I was testing the converter again tonight and it was reading 13.72 volts consistently when I held the meter prongs firmly on the connectors, so I reinstalled it under the bed. The fan started running immediately, which hadn't run since we had arrived in Houston. When the fan started up, the lights immediately brightened in the coach and the battery is once again showing a full charge.

I am beginning to think that because Four Winds only attached it with one screw, and since the roads were pretty rough driving down from Missouri, the connections may have somehow worked loose and was not making good contact. I tightened the connectors firmly and so far so good.

It really p^&%*&^% me that a company can produce such a poor product and thumb their nose at their own customers. The warranty "repairs" were an insult, and now they want me to keep the coach and they will pay me what they consider a "loss in value" so they don't have to dump it in some salvage yard. Of course, I then get to live with their trash! The heater vents are stapled unto the luawn wall paneling so they come loose, the screws have split the cabinets jams so the doors fall off, and now they can't even properly mount a converter so that it doesn't work the wires loose.

Sorry to rant so, but Don is right... had I realized Thor/Four Winds was so hard to deal with to resolve issues, I would have dumped this thing months ago.

Denny

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out!