Skip to main content
Topic: Traveling (Read 436 times) previous topic - next topic

Traveling

Yahoo Message Number: 9153
Well on our second leg of trip. Just left Virginia and currently in Conn. fuel prices in Va. were 3.66 for Diesel and 3.25 for gas. Here in Conn it is over 4.00 Strange.

Re: Traveling

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 9154
Count your lucky stars. Here in nor cal diesel is $4.60 and gas is $4.35

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 9155
, "daneg"  wrote:
Well on our second leg of trip. Just left Virginia and currently in Conn. fuel prices in Va. were 3.66 for Diesel and 3.25 for gas. Here in Conn it is over 4.00 Strange.

State Taxes !!!

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 9157

Virginia's diesel tax is 17.5₵ and Ct's is 39.6₵.

Welcome to the Northeast where there is no shortage of taxes. I know it doesn't make up for the total difference, but most everything is priced higher in the northeast.

Roger

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 9158
We just got back from our trip to Denver, CO from NC. I had planned on $4/gal for gas and was pleasantly surprised. We left here paying $3.69 and paid a low of $3.29 in KS to a high of $3.96 in Limon, CO. It's also a bit different there because the 87 octane is mid-grade instead of regular. At one stop in KS I paid $3.33 and regular was 89 octane. I got home and filled up at Kroger using our grocery points and paid 3.19 instead of the $3.29 regular price. It's all over the place, but I came out ahead of budget for a change :-)

Take care,
Greg

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 9159
$4.69 here in Cali

To: "KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com"
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 6:43 AM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Traveling

We just got back from our trip to Denver, CO from NC. I had planned on $4/gal for gas and was pleasantly surprised. We left here paying $3.69 and paid a low of $3.29 in KS to a high of $3.96 in Limon, CO. It's also a bit different there because the 87 octane is mid-grade instead of regular. At one stop in KS I paid $3.33 and regular was 89 octane. I got home and filled up at Kroger using our grocery points and paid 3.19 instead of the $3.29 regular price. It's all over the place, but I came out ahead of budget for a change :-)

Take care,
Greg

Traveling

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 9213
Sitting on the Mississippi River in Illinois at thomson causeway corp park with 50 amp service for 9 bucks a night. Nice.

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 9227
My feet are already sore from hearing about that stop.
Best
Ron Hall