Skip to main content
Topic: 30 Amp. Female to 50Amp Male adapter (Read 382 times) previous topic - next topic

30 Amp. Female to 50Amp Male adapter

Yahoo Message Number: 9896
Recently purchased a new power cord 50amp female to 30amp male. Sure like the lighter cord. I now have another situation, how do I use my existing 50am 'Surge Guard' protector. Does anyone know where I can purchase a 30amp.female to 50amp male adapter? This will permit me to again use my 'Surge Guard'

Re: 30 Amp. Female to 50Amp Male adapter

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 9897
my solution

in the compartment where the cord is stored and where the feed wire comes in from the outside connection. cut that wire and install a 50 female plug and on the other cut end of the wire install a 50 amp male.

when your not using your surge protector in-line these will be plugged together to complete the circuit.

another advantage is that the surge protector is safely locked in your storage compartment while in use and when you sell your rig, you can un-plug it and take it with you.

don

Re: 30 Amp. Female to 50Amp Male adapter

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 9898
Don's suggestion is the same as I did to my MH before I got the hard wired model. I believe that Dave Sparke did the same. You could also plug the Surge Guard into a 50 amp outlet. Then use a 50 to 30 amp adapter like you used at my place. I got the adapter at WalMart.
Best
Ron Hall

KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com, "RussH"  wrote: