Topic: What is UVW (Read 1102 times) previous topic - next topic

What is UVW

Yahoo Message Number: 4102
2007 Four Winds Funmover 34C Diesel UVW 18,725 GCWR 26,000

Gary Myers

Re: What is UVW

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 4105
I have a 2010 Seneca FS how do I find the UVW and GCWR ?

Also where do I get my rig weighed?

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dmyhre943@...
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 8:18 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] What is UVW

Gary,

Do you have the 19,500# chassis or the 22,000 lb?

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 4106
2008 Seneca 36FS 1/8 tank of fuel left, 18,304lbs weighted on trip home new from dealer totally empty. 6,820 on the front axle and 11,484 on the rear

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 4107
Attachments :

Ian - There is usually a tag on the inside of the kitchen cabinet. Newer units like yours may have the information in a sticker in the Cab. Sometimes on the door area. This is the tag from an Embark we looked at recently.

Weighing can be done at most truck stops and even some larger stations - look for the sign of the CAT
    Drive your unit on the scale and listen to instructions from the weigh master and you should get overall weight and by axel weight. http://catscale.com/
    Kevin (Real) McCoy [KF5FUZ / WQJE447]
    ("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

center
    From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Ian Eisenberg
    Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 10:55 PM
    To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: RE: [KodiakChassisClassC] What is UVW

From: KodiakChassisClassC @yahoogroups. com [mailto: KodiakChass isClassC@ yahoogroups. com ] On Behalf Of Dmyhre943@aol. com
    Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 8:18 PM
    To: KodiakChassisClassC @yahoogroups. com
    Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClass C] What is UVW

Gary,

Do you have the 19,500# chassis or the 22,000 lb?

In a message dated 3/25/2010 10:15:53 P.M. Central Daylight Time, glm@... writes:

Reply #6
    Yahoo Message Number: 4108
    , Ian Eisenberg  wrote:

There should be a tag in a cabinet or closet with the UVW on it.
    Most truck stop have a CAT scale that can be used for front and rear axle weights. Best way to weigh a RV is at each wheel/s. This will tell you how much weight is on each tire or set of tires. I had mine weighed by a company that happens to be in MI. They came to my home to do the weighing. http://weighit.tripod.com/
    The larger rally's have vendors that do wheel weighing.

Reply #7
    Yahoo Message Number: 4109
    Ron . . . Since you had yours weighed individually, how did the driver's side compare to the passenger's side? Are these rigs fairly well balance?

Reply #8
    Yahoo Message Number: 4111
    If it was the 19,500 lb chassis, he'd have to fill all the passengers with helium. :)

Don

Reply #9
    Yahoo Message Number: 4112
    I weighed mine on a scrap yard scale near my shop for side to side that had not been certified for 7 years. Driver said came out 8,860 passenger side 8,560. This totalled fairly close to the flying J-Scale that would only weigh axles independently not side to side that I checked. My storage bins on the passenger side were all empty and with the generator and propane tank on the passenger side I felt like it would be well balanced out with a few dutch ovens in the bin. When I was researching prior to buying my RV I read a post www.rvfactor.blogspot.com for a 2007 dutchmen that has some weight distribution issues.

Reply #10
    Yahoo Message Number: 4113
    My weights side to side were within 200 lbs. Loaded. Did find that rear axle was over weight by over 400 lbs. Fuel, water and all our stuff was full at the time of weighing. Since I learned this I never carry a full load of 100 gallons of water.
    There have been owners that had weights of over 1,000 lbs difference side to side reported here on Kodiak Chassis. Lost tract of who this was.
    Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #11
    Yahoo Message Number: 4114
    Lee,  DENNY who owns the rvfactor site (Denny - my memory is working, isn't it?) is an active member here.

That is why he is very interested in the weight by wheel being reported here since his was a disaster.

Don

Reply #13
    Yahoo Message Number: 4116

As a toyhauler, after you throw your "toys" in the back, there probably isn't much left... the new toyhaulers have a 33,000 GVWR with the International chassis.

Reply #15
    Yahoo Message Number: 4118
    Well nice to meet you RvFactory Denny! Your website was very informative and brought a lot of items to my attention to consider and research before I bought my RV. Thanks.