Skip to main content
Topic: any information on group (Read 698 times) previous topic - next topic

any information on group

Yahoo Message Number: 4631
Trying to find out what my problem is..... I haven't gotten any posts
since around first of the month. Any way to find out if I've been dropped out of the group??? I looked but seems to be in order.

thanks Gary

Re: any information on group

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 4632

Gary I see your post so you haven`t been punted or you wouldn`t be able to post. You may want to check your spam folder as lately a few posts from the group have turned up there.
hope this helps
later brad

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 4633
And I certainly wouldn't have punted him (nor would Ron). I'll check your settings to see if you somehow got turned off for individual emails. Have you checked that yet?

The other thing is to check your spam bucket. I don't use a browser for my email but have filters at yahoo and google for my five mailboxes and on a few occasions I wasn't getting certain mail, and found it in spam. A lot of this forum got directed to spam at yahoo mail, which is strange given that the mail originated from within yahoo and if they could identify anything it should be group mail.

Don

ps. Just checked - you are set for individual emails. So only thing is a spam bucket somewhere along the path.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 4635
I'll check for the spam blocker again this close to July don't want to miss anything about the rally !!!!!

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 4638
I have not gotten emails at all lately, I did check my spam, and I clear that too. Right now I have to log in to check emails.
I will double check spam again.
just a note, maybe more people are having problems as well.
thank you
Mo

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 4639
Mo, I just took a look at the last week plus and I've received all of them. At times on other forums I've been in the same boat as you - not getting all of them. Seems to be a problem with Yahoo but I have to say I've no idea how to fix it. Might be useful to switch to digests for a day or two and see of you get them, and then switch back to individual emails.

One thing about Yahoo Groups - you certainly can't contact them for help with any success. They have so many groups (and the largest has in excess of 400,000 members) they just can't offer hand holding. The last report I saw (2008) indicated they had 9 million groups in 22 different languages.

Don

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 4640
Don Leslie wrote:

One thing about Yahoo Groups - you certainly can't contact them for help
with any success. They have so many groups (and the largest has in
excess of 400,000 members) they just can't offer hand holding.

I belong to a few groups on Yahoo and they all suffer woes from time to
time with no help from Yahoo. I guess if you're the 400K member group
you might wield some power, but for the most part they just don't care.

One small group had so much trouble we finally pulled the plug and moved
it to a privately owned website and it's maintained there, but it's a
specialized private group with only about 8 members. Even with that, we
hit spells where one or another of the members doesn't get posts that
the others do.

Web voodoo :-)

Take care,
Greg

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 4649
I just found out this morning that Comcast has decided that all my Yahoo and Hotmail incoming emails are spam since June 3rd. Went to their online service and checked all the emails to not call them spam. I noticed that I did not get my Rally post. Got me to checking. Called Comcast. They are looking into problem.
Best
Ron Hall

Information

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 4675
Just returned from the up michigan and stopped by Jayco for some service work. Talked to some of the VPs and they are looking forward to the Seneca ralley and I am planning on attending.

The new Seneca will be on a Freightliner chassis beginning in 11.

Saw several Senecas along the way and was anyone up that way.. Also saw one in Kentucky today.

Dane