Skip to main content
Topic: Suspension upgrade (Read 543 times) previous topic - next topic

Suspension upgrade

Yahoo Message Number: 4752
Anyone know of a guide or steps to add a leaf to a 5500? I am adding a set of 3,000lb. leafs to my unit to help the roll and sway. Will be doing the work myself.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Suspension upgrade

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 4753
Good luck as I added Supersprings and took to CW, suspension shop and finally to bus shop that had to have heavy duty tools to compress springs. Very tough to get done.

Keith
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

Sender: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 01:17:32 -0000
To:
ReplyTo: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Suspension upgrade

Anyone know of a guide or steps to add a leaf to a 5500? I am adding a set of 3,000lb. leafs to my unit to help the roll and sway. Will be doing the work myself.

Thanks,
 Mike

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 4754
Mike . . . I had a set of extra leaves added to my 5500 by a spring shop that has done many Kodiak upgrades for Disney. In addition to the heavy equipment needed to raise the unit, add the springs, torque the large bolts, they also used a laser re-alignment machine to align the rear axles and adjust ride height.

George

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 4757

George

Thanks for the information. Sounds like a lot of fun, I plan on making it a full weekend project.

Thanks again,
Mike

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 4760
George - was that in SoCal? If so where?

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, July 6, 2010 6:42:01 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Suspension upgrade

Mike . . . I had a set of extra leaves added to my 5500 by a spring shop that has done many Kodiak upgrades for Disney. In addition to the heavy equipment needed to raise the unit, add the springs, torque the large bolts, they also used a laser re-alignment machine to align the rear axles and adjust ride height.

George

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 4762
Wrong Disney . . . The work was done in Orlando, FL. Kodiaks are used in Animal Kingdom's safari ride.