Skip to main content
Topic: House Door Rattles Like Crazy! (Read 536 times) previous topic - next topic

House Door Rattles Like Crazy!

Yahoo Message Number: 13992
I wanted to get your thoughts...

When my coach was new, it was pretty darn quiet going down the road. Now...not so much.

One of the most annoying is the house door. It doesn't seem like it would be the latch mechanism since it's so secure; maybe the "window" in the door?

I was thinking about dis-assembling the window then shooting some spray foam inside the door itself.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Re: House Door Rattles Like Crazy!

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 13993
I would be careful putting spray foam that expands inside the door. My window as well as others have fallen out of the frame. Removed door from MH. Laid on a flat surface and removed window frame. Sealed with a good window seal and installed back in door. Not sure if that will help with your noise. I found a lot of the noise from our door was caused by screen door. Added some stick on stops to door that stopped noise.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 13994
Ditto here on the screen door being a big noise culprit

Take care,
Greg

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 13995
We had problems with the door glass also. Recentered the glass in the frame, tightened all the screws and then laid a thin bead of clear silicone around the perimiter inside and out. Door is quiet now.

On Friday, January 16, 2015 8:29 AM, "Greg Gimlick stuff@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 13996
On ours, the noise is coming from the deadbolt lock. While going down the road, if the deadbolt is engaged, the door rattles like crazy. If we unlock the deadbolt, the noise goes away. I have tried adjusting the door but it doesn't help.