Skip to main content
Topic: Selling Motor Home (Read 413 times) previous topic - next topic

Selling Motor Home

Yahoo Message Number: 6148
I'm in the process of attempting to sell my 2008 Jayco Seneca HD 35GS. In my search for the best method, I've been advised to use Craigslist, RVsearch.com and RVtrader.com. With all the knowledge and experience on this forum, I thought I would ask for your opinions and to the best methodology. I live in South Florida and really don't want to use a consignment service in Texas. I would appreciate your comments. Thanks.

Re: Selling Motor Home

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6149
Something you might want to consider:

I have had good results both buying and selling on Ebay Motors - cars & RVs.

They have some very good services for the seller - you can get arms length from finance issues, buyer protection guarantee, and they can offer an arms length delivery service. (Basically the buyer has to sign up for these if they want them, and the services are provided through Ebay Motors. You can alert buyers to these services in your add so they don't even ask you for them. Or if you want to provide those services you can specify them in your ad.

You will have to spend some time getting good photos and doing your posting. I have had very good results generating a lot of interest by 1) getting good photos in the posting, 2) setting a low initial bid to generate traffic, 3) setting a reserve price to protect the value in the vehicle. The reserve price gives you peace of mind, and as long as you set it low enough so it will sell, and high enough that you will have no sellers remorse, you are good.

All of us have been to the consignment places, and in spite of everything they say.... they just do not have any interest in selling them over their inventory.

Kevin (In Texas)
Kevin (Real) McCoy [KF5FUZ / WQJE447]
("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

P.S. Our Jayco 34 HD SS was purchased through an Ebay auction based on a repossession situation.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/items/RVs-and-Campers__W0QQ_sacatZ50054