Skip to main content
Topic: Windshield washers not working (Read 418 times) previous topic - next topic

Windshield washers not working

Yahoo Message Number: 8339
Hmmm, seems as though the washer pump may have given up the ghost. Can't seem to find a fuse or relay for the washer pump though. Checked under passenger side dash, and under hood fuse box, but didn't see anything wiper related. Anyone else tackled this one yet? Wind chill here in Pa is in the teens today, so perhaps I missed something while shivering??? Thanks!

Re: Windshield washers not working

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 8341
It is the same fuse a wipers. Fuse #20 in instrument panel. With it that cold could you have washer solvent that does not have enough antifreeze for the cold.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 8347
I took a test light and determined that the pump was still getting power, so i figured I would try to un-stick the pump if possible. Since it quit on me a couple of months ago when the weather was warm, I knew I had more than just a frozen pump. There are only 2 nuts and 1 bolt holding the whole washer pump/reservoir assembly on the truck. Once I removed it I got a small hammer, and while holding the washer switch on I tapped the pump several times, and it eventually freed up and started working again. Thanks Ron for the info on the fuse. Just glad it's back up and working now.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 8348
I took a test light and determined that the pump was still getting power, so i figured I would try to un-stick the pump if possible. Since it quit on me a couple of months ago when the weather was warm, I knew I had more than just a frozen pump. There are only 2 nuts and 1 bolt holding the whole washer pump/reservoir assembly on the truck. Once I removed it I got a small hammer, and while holding the washer switch on I tapped the pump several times, and it eventually freed up and started working again. Thanks Ron for the info on the fuse. Just glad it's back up and working now.