Skip to main content
Topic: Recall, reprogram emissions, new thing happened (Read 437 times) previous topic - next topic

Recall, reprogram emissions, new thing happened

Yahoo Message Number: 3506
Hi all,

I still did not have a chance to go on a trip after I took the MH in for the recall notice and reprogram the emissions, however, this weekend I learned something, I usually start the MH once a week and run all systems just to keep it working fine. I did start the truck and let it run after 15 min it died, so I went to the manual and found the icon engine idle shutdown, read through it and started again, heard the bip again step on the gas and re-started the clock again for another 15 min....

Well, I recall very well on my last trip I had to check something at my destination and I am sure I left the engine running for more than 15 min and nothing happened, meaning it did not die.

A quick search on the web shows that a law has passed and on about 10 or so states or if the destination of the chassis is unknown then a new rule applies which is no more idle engines more than 15 min, the dealer can program that up to 60 minutes, however apparently only takes 10 or 15 minutes to reach 60 degrees which is operating temperature for the engine, therefore the shutdown thing. This applies to 2008 on only, it seems like.
So I guess when they reprogram the emissions thingy that happened, so from now on no more idle engine over 15 min.

Did not know that, learned this past weekend.

Did anyone notice that as well?
thanks
Mo