Skip to main content
Topic: Onan 7500 generator (Read 494 times) previous topic - next topic

Onan 7500 generator

Yahoo Message Number: 6899
Hello,

I am looking for part numbers for the oil filter, and air filter for the gen set. I searched through the service manual, and the forum and did not find the part numbers. Does anyone have this info? The Onan numbers would be fine, I am sure the local parts house can cross reference them.

Thanks,

Wade

Re: Onan 7500 generator

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6900
There are multiple air filters depending on your spec. Not sure about the oil filter. I aslo assume the oil filter w/b different on the gas vs diesel.

I do have Onan #'s and crosses for the 5.5 diesel 2733B spec b. Napa MAY be able to cross reference these, but most parts houses don't or won't as the cross references are a bit obscure. I had to dig for mine.

Greg
MN

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6901
In case it is a 5.5 Kw Onan gas that you've got, I've got a filter sitting in front of me and the number is 0140-3116.

I've now got a 4000 watt Onan and I'm sure this filter isn't going to fit.

Don

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 6902
Attachments :

I thought I had my cross reference list at home but it must be on my PC at work. I'll post that to the file section tomorrow.
    Greg
    MN

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Don Leslie
    Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 5:44 PM
    To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Onan 7500 generator

In case it is a 5.5 Kw Onan gas that you've got, I've got a filter sitting in front of me and the number is 0140-3116.

I've now got a 4000 watt Onan and I'm sure this filter isn't going to fit.

Don

On 2011-04-28, at 12:46 PM, Greg Thompson wrote:

There are multiple air filters depending on your spec. Not sure about the oil filter. I aslo assume the oil filter w/b different on the gas vs diesel.

I do have Onan #'s and crosses for the 5.5 diesel 2733B spec b. Napa MAY be able to cross reference these, but most parts houses don't or won't as the cross references are a bit obscure. I had to dig for mine.

Greg
    MN

Reply #4
    Yahoo Message Number: 6903
    Sorry for not giving all of the info, my motorhome is a 34SS with a 7.5KW Diesel generator. I guess I will have to break down and call Onan….

Thanks,

Wade

Reply #5
    Yahoo Message Number: 6904

Its got to be in the manual.

~
    Victor Burns | KI6IM
    2008 Dutchmen 34H

To:;
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Onan 7500 generator
    Sent: Fri, Apr 29, 2011 12:42:19 AM

Sorry for not giving all of the info, my motorhome is a 34SS with a 7.5KW Diesel generator. I guess I will have to break down and call Onan....

Thanks,

Wade

Reply #6
    Yahoo Message Number: 6905
    My genny lists the Onan numbers on the plate covering the radiator cap. I would also think they are in the manual if you have it. If yours are listed there, I'll have my cross reference up tomorrow and you can check them against the Onan #'s for cross reference's in case they are the same as the 5.5. They may well be. Mines a 2005 vintage with the rectangular filter. I think the newer genny's have a different style.
    Greg
    MN

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Nutball1
    Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 7:42 PM
    To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Onan 7500 generator

Sorry for not giving all of the info, my motorhome is a 34SS with a 7.5KW Diesel generator. I guess I will have to break down and call Onan....

Thanks,

Wade

Reply #7
    Yahoo Message Number: 6906
    In order to have spares on hand I just stopped by the shop and bought oil and air filters.  It was zero effort.  I have the 5.5 Diesel genset.
    ~

Victor Burns | KI6IM 2008 Dutchmen 34H
    Victor Burns ;
    To:
    Kodiak Kodiak ; wadelawson@... ;
    Subject:
    Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Onan 7500 generator
    Sent:
    Fri, Apr 29, 2011 1:50:09 AM
    Its got to be in the manual.
    ~

Victor Burns | KI6IM 2008 Dutchmen 34H
    Nutball1 ;
    To:
    ;
    Subject:
    [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Onan 7500 generator
    Sent:
    Fri, Apr 29, 2011 12:42:19 AM
    Sorry for not giving all of the info, my motorhome is a 34SS with a 7.5KW Diesel generator.  I guess I will have to break down and call Onan....
    Thanks,
    Wade

Quote from: Greg
    > > I thought I had my cross reference list at home but it must be on my PC at > work. I'll post that to the file section tomorrow.

Greg >
     MN >

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com > [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Don Leslie > Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 5:44 PM > To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com > Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Onan 7500 generator >

> In case it is a 5.5 Kw Onan gas that you've got, I've got a filter sitting > in front of me and the number is 0140-3116.

> I've now got a 4000 watt Onan and I'm sure this filter isn't going to fit.

Don >

On 2011-04-28, at 12:46 PM, Greg Thompson wrote: >

> There are multiple air filters depending on your spec. Not sure about the > oil filter. I aslo assume the oil filter w/b different on the gas vs diesel.
     > I do have Onan #'s and crosses for the 5.5 diesel 2733B spec b. Napa MAY be > able to cross reference these, but most parts houses don't or won't as the > cross references are a bit obscure. I had to dig for mine.

Greg > MN >

Reply #8
    Yahoo Message Number: 6907
    , "Nutball1"  wrote:
    Hello,

I am looking for part numbers for the oil filter, and air filter for the gen set. I searched through the service manual, and the forum and did not find the part numbers. Does anyone have this info? The Onan numbers would be fine, I am sure the local parts house can cross reference them.

Thanks,

Wade

Wade: I have a diesel "ONAN 7500" Gen set in my'06 Kodiak. The 'Onan'part numbers for the oil filter and air filter are as follows.

Air Filter...PN# 140-2897.
    Oil Filter...PN# 122-0833.
    Hope this information helps...........russ

Reply #9
    Yahoo Message Number: 6908
    Those are the same numbers a got by doing a Google search. Do you have the fuel filter #'s?
    Onan does not like to give filter info in their manuals. Need to look elsewhere.
    Onan has a site to put your model # in and Spec letter to get manual and filter info. http://www.cumminsonanstore.com/
    Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #10
    Yahoo Message Number: 6909
    Call a Cummins service/dealer, they also service Onnan. They should be able to help.
    thanks
    Mo

Reply #11
    Yahoo Message Number: 6911
    Looks like the air filter crosses to Napa 9697 and the oil filter crosses to Napa 1064 or Wix 51064. If it is the first oil change, according to the info I tracked down, the replacement oil filter (stock Onan or after market) is larger than the original filter shipped on the genny when new. The smaller filter that came new on the genny gets changed at 50 hrs and after that the change interval is 150 hrs. So I guess it saved Onan 12 cents on every new genny with the smaller original filter.
    Greg
    MN