Skip to main content
Topic: Gulfstream Endura Kodiak C5500 shimmy (Read 449 times) previous topic - next topic

Gulfstream Endura Kodiak C5500 shimmy

Yahoo Message Number: 7551
I've followed several links regarding a shimmy in the Kodiak C5500 between 62 and 65MPH. I've replaced all the tires and just replaced the wheels with Alcoa aluminium rims. The shimmy still exists. Has anyone had any luck in locating the cause of this problem? The vehicle is a 2006.

Re: Gulfstream Endura Kodiak C5500 shimmy

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7553
When I purchased my 2008 36MS there was a terrible shimmy or vibration at about 60mph. I discussed with Vinh Le and apparently there was a shimmy kit and it had to do with the drive line and the kit made the correction.

Re: Gulfstream Endura Kodiak C5500 shimmy

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 7569
, "brucewblair"  wrote:
I've followed several links regarding a shimmy in the Kodiak C5500 between 62 and 65MPH. I've replaced all the tires and just replaced the wheels with Alcoa aluminium rims. The shimmy still exists. Has anyone had any luck in locating the cause of this problem? The vehicle is a 2006.

My 08 had a pretty wicked shake/shimmy when we first got it. It was bad enough the hood would shake back and forth 2-3" at highway speeds. They initially balanced all the tires and did an alignment. It got better but was still not right. They eventually rebalanced the fronts using the equal internal powder balancing. I was skeptical when they called and told me it was done and that was all they had done.

That said it is smooth as glass now all the way up to 85mph

Craig