Skip to main content
Topic: 2006 Seneca 34ss Charge amps? (Read 1233 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Seneca

Reply #27
Yahoo Message Number: 13477
I just got back from a short stay near Buellton, Ca. I had problems with a slide out that was stuck about halfway out. Since I could not travel that way I called the warranty folks. I told them the problem and was told all techs were busy at the time but would receive a call later.
I got bored and started to look at the slide drives and found a bolt coupling the two drives missing. I searched and found the bolt but no nut. Apparently whenever Camping World folks did some work on the slide previously they left off the nut and the bolt eventually fell out. OK I'm happy. I moved to another location about 50 miles away and had problems with my tankless water heater not making hot water. Comes on I hear numerous clicks but does not light. I also developed a water leak under the galley sink. Calle warranty service again, now keep in mind I had not received a call from the first service request and this was 3 days later.
The warranty folks acknowledged I had the open call but was not in the least concerned I never received a call back. They said they would check for the nearest repair shop and call me back, and they did, the nearest shop was 300 miles away and would have to be there this Monday... Labor Day!
I told them of a shop that could do the repairs back at my original site ans was on 50 miles away and they would come out to my camp site.
I was told if I did that it would void my warranty!
I am in the process of contacting Jayco and if all this is true I will ask for a refund on my extended warranty I paid dearly for!
OH yeah I have a 2014 Seneca with 3700 miles as of this last trip! Nuff Said!

Re: Seneca

Reply #28
Yahoo Message Number: 13483

Typical getting all the new coach problems sorted out. Now that I have a Jayco, I would never own one again. Dealers few and far between which makes parts and service tough. Also I needed a few parts, so I called several dealers, I got different prices from each on the exact same part. Some were extortion in their pricing.
It's only compounded by the fact the coach is assembled like shit to begin with too. Really a $1,000 screen door only available from Jayco? The Dynamax uses a regular ordinary simple to replace door, but not Jayco, which custom and super expensive.
~
Victor Burns
KI6IM
Embark TB390 Bunkhouse

Date:Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 7:53 AM
Subject:[SuperCrvgroup] Re: Seneca

I just got back from a short stay near Buellton, Ca. I had problems with a slide out that was stuck about halfway out. Since I could not travel that way I called the warranty folks. I told them the problem and was told all techs were busy at the time but would receive a call later.
I got bored and started to look at the slide drives and found a bolt coupling the two drives missing. I searched and found the bolt but no nut. Apparently whenever Camping World folks did some work on the slide previously they left off the nut and the bolt eventually fell out. OK I'm happy. I moved to another location about 50 miles away and had problems with my tankless water heater not making hot water. Comes on I hear numerous clicks but does not light. I also developed a water leak under the galley sink. Calle warranty service again, now keep in mind I had not received a call from the first service request and this was 3 days later.
The warranty folks acknowledged I had the open call but was not in the least concerned I never received a call back. They said they would check for the nearest repair shop and call me back, and they did, the nearest shop was 300 miles away and would have to be there this Monday... Labor Day!
I told them of a shop that could do the repairs back at my original site ans was on 50 miles away and they would come out to my camp site.
I was told if I did that it would void my warranty!
I am in the process of contacting Jayco and if all this is true I will ask for a refund on my extended warranty I paid dearly for!
OH yeah I have a 2014 Seneca with 3700 miles as of this last trip! Nuff Said!

Seneca

Reply #29
Yahoo Message Number: 15678
Hello,

Seems as if I remember you telling me you were not a Gulf Stream guy but a Seneca guy.

A couple of weeks ago I was just north of London, Ky and ran across VisioneRV.com

They have 100's of salvage RVs

It was late in the day but I stopped and met Terry. He informed me they had a Kodiak with a Seneca toy hauler. I did not personally see the unit because it was on the very back of their lot and they were in the process of closing but he did show me the photos on their web page.

The also have a warehouse of new and used parts of almost anything you can name.

I needed a piece of trim to replace a broken piece. The local dealer wanted $8 per foot and got a 6 foot piece from Terry, including the insert for $20.

Feel free to pass this info along to anyone that may need.

Thanks,

Don