Skip to main content
Topic: Tuner Question again (Read 599 times) previous topic - next topic

Tuner Question again

Yahoo Message Number: 8976
I've asked a couple times on here and wanted to go with the Ron recommendation of the Predator Diablo Sport. I contacted a couple performance diesel shops here in Salt Lake. Gillette recommended the Edge Evo which as said on this forum and seen on other duramax forums has had problems, they were the type that there recommendation shouldn't be questioned. G&R is another shop that broke off from Gillette and they seemed much more helpful. They said that they've seen problems which were kind of hit and miss some of the Kodiaks would accept the Diablo program and some wouldn't. G&R suggested the Bully Dog GT Tuner, or and Edge CS/CTS. They had installed Edge on some wreckers and had seen problems there as well.
I'm leaning toward the Bully Dog but it almost seems like hit and miss with any of the brands. What do you guys think, the pricing is pretty much the same between all of the tuners. Have you heard any glaring negatives about the bully dog?

Re: Tuner Question again

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 8977
I have had Edge with Atitude on mine for three years now with no problems. It works for me. It isn't touchy feely or colorful but works.
Denny

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 8978
I have an Edge with Attitude on my 2003 GMC Dmax dually that I pulled our old toyhauler with.
I have 85K on it with 70K tugging the trailer, it has been flawless.
On my 2007 Seneca it came with the Banks Otto-mind and I will just live with it I suppose.
I wish it could be upgraded to gauges but apparently not, I would not have chose it. I will likely get a scan-gaugeIIto get some readout info.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 8979
I've used the PPE which was great and now I'm using the Quadzilla tuner. Both worked great, performance is great and the cost for both were cost effective.