Skip to main content
Topic: Rocker switch, a "D" with a line through it? (Read 471 times) previous topic - next topic

Rocker switch, a "D" with a line through it?

Yahoo Message Number: 7587
Hello,
I think it is the overdrive switch? To the right of the steering wheel i have a rocker switch with a "D" and a line through it. My Kodiak manual does not show this switch.....any guess what it could be? Also just below it i have a small round button that looks like a start button on a tractor.

thanks,
Bill

Re: Rocker switch, a "D" with a line through it?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7588
That "is" the overdrive switch. The other button in the aux start switch which will connect the chassis batteries to the coach batteries in case the chassis batteries go dead or are low. You need to hold it down.

Dave Sparke

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 4:21 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Rocker switch, a "D" with a line through it?

Hello,
I think it is the overdrive switch? To the right of the steering wheel i have a rocker switch with a "D" and a line through it. My Kodiak manual does not show this switch.....any guess what it could be? Also just below it i have a small round button that looks like a start button on a tractor.

thanks,
Bill

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 7590
When we had our little rally last summer. Some said they did not have the Overdrive switch. But we all have it in our Kodiak's. It will lock out overdrive and drop transmission into 4th gear. Best used to drop into 4th gear when climbing a hill before MH looses speed.

Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 7591
Thanks dave,
So that means when the switch is pushed and the green light is on i have overdrive or overdrive is off?

bill