Skip to main content
Topic: More Jayco / PowerGear (Read 666 times) previous topic - next topic

More Jayco / PowerGear

Yahoo Message Number: 13769
So my jacks that were welded on by a bozo from Jayco or one of their suppliers totally failed - about 5 weeks ago. The coach has been sitting in the hydraulic shop since then awaiting new brackets from PowerGear. These jokers will not take a phone call and only deal with you by email. They said 5 day lead time - no problem, 20 days later we had to re-install the fuel tanks, cap off the system, re install the fenders etc etc etc. so i can use the coach this next week.

Now the clincher PowerGear says they are moving a factory and now have no idea when they will be shipped.

Unbelievable!

Be well,

~
Victor | KI6IM |

Jayco Embark TB390 Bunkhouse
Dutchmen Diesel 34H Bunkhouse - For Sale

Re: More Jayco / PowerGear

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 13770
Try contacting LCI, Lippert Components they bought Power Gear in June and they do answer the phone. Maybe some pressure from the new owners may get you some results. Power Gear has always been a PITA and I was glad to hear they got bought out.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 13771
And there is never an apology or recognition that they could do better

We need a RV prayer. Dear Lord help me deal boneheads...  

Doug

Douglas Brothers

"Victor Burns vburns1@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:

So my jacks that were welded on by a bozo from Jayco or one of their suppliers totally failed - about 5 weeks ago. The coach has been sitting in the hydraulic shop since then awaiting new brackets from PowerGear. These jokers will not take a phone call and only deal with you by email. They said 5 day lead time - no problem, 20 days later we had to re-install the fuel tanks, cap off the system, re install the fenders etc etc etc. so i can use the coach this next week.

Now the clincher PowerGear says they are moving a factory and now have no idea when they will be shipped.

Unbelievable!

Be well,

~
Victor | KI6IM |

Dutchmen Diesel 34H Bunkhouse - For Sale

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 13772
Dave, you may recall that at the Rally in 2010 after our factory tour and review of the new Seneca Chassis we gave them a lot of our complaints. One was the fact that Power Gear wouldn't answer the phone and help owners with problems. Hopefully the new owners correct that problem soon.

Second was the Norcold fridge doors falling off. You had one go, and I think it was Russ who was on his 4th (Russ, was it fourth or third?). Of course I said I was lucky and had no problems and the next day mine fell off. You made temporary repairs for me with your Gorilla Tape. Thanks again. :)

Don

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 13774
Don & Group......I had 3 Norcold doors fall off. After the third failure I retrofitted the bottom of the door and 6"up the hinge side with a piece of alum. angle 1/2"X1/2" I believe. The bottom angle is the length of the door whereas the vertical hinge angle only extends up the door 6". I had a friend machine the pivot point out of a billet of alum. and weld it to the angle. I welded the bottom piece to the vertical piece also. I attached the alum. to the door with s/s fasteners.

That was 4 years ago and end of door problems.......russ

On Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:02 PM, "Don Leslie grandriver125@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:

Dave, you may recall that at the Rally in 2010 after our factory tour and review of the new Seneca Chassis we gave them a lot of our complaints. One was the fact that Power Gear wouldn't answer the phone and help owners with problems. Hopefully the new owners correct that problem soon.

Second was the Norcold fridge doors falling off. You had one go, and I think it was Russ who was on his 4th (Russ, was it fourth or third?). Of course I said I was lucky and had no problems and the next day mine fell off. You made temporary repairs for me with your Gorilla Tape. Thanks again. :)

Don

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 13776
You hang in there Victor. Your stamina is impressive.  ThanksLarry  From: SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com] Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2014 9:20 PMTo: SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.comSubject: Re: [SuperCrvgroup] More Jayco / PowerGear    Don & Group......I had 3 Norcold doors fall off.  After the third failure I retrofitted the bottom of the door and 6"up the hinge side with a piece of alum. angle 1/2"X1/2" I believe. The bottom angle is the length of the door whereas the vertical hinge angle only extends up the door 6".  I had a friend machine the pivot point out of a billet of alum. and weld it to the angle.  I welded the bottom piece to the vertical piece also. I attached the alum. to the door with s/s fasteners.    That was 4 years ago and end of door problems.......russ  On Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:02 PM, "Don Leslie grandriver125@... [SuperCrvgroup]" <SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:    Dave, you may recall that at the Rally in 2010 after our factory tour and review of the new Seneca Chassis we gave them a lot of our complaints.  One was the fact that Power Gear wouldn’t answer the phone and help owners with problems.   Hopefully the new owners correct that problem soon.   Second was the Norcold fridge doors falling off.   You had one go, and I think it was Russ who was on his 4th (Russ, was it fourth or third?).   Of course I said I was lucky and had no problems and the next day mine fell off.   You made temporary repairs for me with your Gorilla Tape.  Thanks again.  :)  Don     On Nov 20, 2014, at 8:37 PM, mnsprk@... [SuperCrvgroup] <SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:      Try contacting  LCI, Lippert Components they bought Power Gear in June and they do answer the phone. Maybe some pressure from the new owners may get you some results.  Power Gear has always been a PITA and I was glad to hear they got bought out.----- Original Message -----From: Victor Burns vburns1@... [SuperCrvgroup] <SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com>To: Kodiak <supercrvgroup@yahoogroups.com>Sent: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 19:37:25 -0500 (EST)Subject: [SuperCrvgroup] More Jayco / PowerGear           So my jacks that were welded on by a bozo from Jayco or one of their suppliers totally failed - about 5 weeks ago.  The coach has been sitting in the hydraulic shop since then awaiting new brackets from PowerGear.  These jokers will not take a phone call and only deal with you by email.  They said 5 day lead time - no problem,  20 days later we had to re-install the fuel tanks, cap off the system, re install the fenders etc etc etc. so i can use the coach this next week.  Now the clincher  PowerGear says they are moving a factory and now have no idea when they will be shipped.  Unbelievable!   Be well,  ~Victor | KI6IM |Jayco Embark TB390 BunkhouseDutchmen Diesel 34H Bunkhouse - For Sale              

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 13777
I am trying. Overall the coach is epic for us as a family. I will get all the squawks out soon enough.

Be well,

~
Victor | KI6IM |

On Friday, November 21, 2014 11:31 AM, "Larry Payne larry@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:

You hang