Skip to main content
Topic: gas motor running rough (Read 713 times) previous topic - next topic

gas motor running rough

Yahoo Message Number: 6070
Hey all,

My gulf 6316 with the 8.1 is running rough...29k miles. When its under a load it kinda sputters...anyone have this issue before?

Re: gas motor running rough

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6071
First of all a fuel filter change is in order and go from there.
Denny
2006 Seneca 35GS Dmax. Ford Ranger toad.

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, December 28, 2010 4:03:15 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] gas motor running rough

Hey all,

My gulf 6316 with the 8.1 is running rough...29k miles. When its under a load it kinda sputters...anyone have this issue before?

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6072
Changed the fuel filter before sending the message and have put 2 full tanks of gas in. Checked the normal obvious stuff visually - air filter, plug wires, etc
. We are on the road as I type...:)

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 6073
I have this engine in my suburban. I've had 2 cam position and one crank position sensors go bad. They set the check engine light. These are the only specific problems I can report.

I'd scan the computer for faults.

Charles

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 6074
Attachments :

I have a diesel in my GS, but the first thing I do when I've had this issue in my gas powered vehicles (given the oxygenated gas we have in our part of the country) is throw a can of Sea Foam in the tank. I have to do this each spring with my 4 stroke on our pontoon or it will miss every year (stuck injectors). If you got a bad tank of gas, this may also help. I have had bad gas in my gas fuel vehicles in the past and after a tank of fresh fuel, the problem goes away. Past that, long list and an engine scan may be in order. I'm a bit surprised you don't have the check engine light on, but I agree that an OBD scan is in order to see if there is something there.
    Greg
    MN

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of wesinls
    Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 6:28 PM
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: gas motor running rough

Changed the fuel filter before sending the message and have put 2 full tanks of gas in. Checked the normal obvious stuff visually - air filter, plug wires, etc
    . We are on the road as I type...:)

Reply #5
    Yahoo Message Number: 6076
    Sea foam is a good idea. Try pulling the vacume line from the power brake unit and pouring in the Sea Foam into the line. Keep the idle up for half a can and then let it die. Reconnect the line to the power brake unit. Let it set for a couple of hours and then restart. Its going to smoke like heck so go drive it until it quits smoking. That should clean the injectors tips, intake track and the upper cylinder combustion chamber. Of course dump the stuff in the fuel tank as well. Should work fine for a gasser not so much for a diesel.

2006 Seneca 35GS Dmax. Ford Ranger toad.

Sent: Tue, December 28, 2010 4:03:15 PM
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] gas motor running rough

Hey all,

Re: gas motor running rough (problem solved)

Reply #6
    Yahoo Message Number: 6102
    Replaced the plugs and wires and she runs smoth again!!